VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
M340i xDrive
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing rumors about this and it doesn't sound unlikely. Does anyone know if AEM is going to offer this?
I'll be first in line if they do

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (FastGTi)

They will have one that works but is not plug and play, which woudl require you to switch ot cable operate TB, just like with any other stand alone. I highly doubt any company will waste the time and resources developing a plug and play ECU for drive by wire its way to finiky.

chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
M340i xDrive
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (chris86vw)

quote:[HR][/HR]They will have one that works but is not plug and play, which woudl require you to switch ot cable operate TB, just like with any other stand alone. I highly doubt any company will waste the time and resources developing a plug and play ECU for drive by wire its way to finiky.

chris
[email protected][HR][/HR]​
Hmm....depending on the price it could still be a good idea...their software is really easy to use

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (FastGTi)

The point is I would put my car on the line in a bet on that it wont' come out. DBW is not the way to go for all out performance, if you are gonna spend the money just rewire for stand alone. And that unit is out from AEM.
chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (chris86vw)

that dbw to throttle kit doesnt look to hot IMO.
go for stand alone, theres a 1.8t block tuned for like 450-500hp
software is holding us back....

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (rub-a-vee-dub)

OK heres a question, can you do any kind of stand alone with out going to a cable throttle, if not do you totally have to use specific software as well as stand alone for cable throttle or just stand alone.
Is it possible to go to say the scrappers and pull a TB and drive by cable setup from an Audi or older 1.8T and make it work with stand alone with out changing the ECU?
Or do I have to spend $1200 for the kit that, whatever that company is, has?

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (FYGTBUG)

Well honestly DBW cars are going to be the future. From BMW, Mercedes VW Audi and some others the trend is spreading. I think Stand Alone EM systems are going to have to recognize the need for these systems and get too it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (Bug_Power)

Well, you will have to be second in line. The first VW anything that comes out from AEM will be on my car.
Also, the DBW really isn't that hard to control. voltage out, voltage in, simple. I could get them to make up a map for it, so you could tune the throttle response. It would be pretty sick. I am still gonna convert to cable, but in the long run, I think the DBW control would be the best solution.
They do have plans to do a plug and play system for the VWs, but it is towards the back of the list. They are still working hard on getting the Mitsu and Toyota models out.
Also, the race systems have not actually been released yet. Well, they were released, but none are shipping. As soon as they ship, one is going on the Golf.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (1.BillyT)

quote:[HR][/HR]Also, the race systems have not actually been released yet.[HR][/HR]​
I thought that the race ecu was the exact same unit as the standard, the only difference being the race comes with a "universal" harness.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: AEM plug n play EMS for 1.8T? (cookiemonster)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sorry but what is EMS? [HR][/HR]​
EMS, Engine Management System. Basically a computer that controls the fuel injectors and "manages" the engine performance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.