VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been really windy the past couple of days just wondering how you carbon fiber hooded people are handling the storm.
Planning on getting a CF hood just worried. The one I am getting has an underframe, so its like a stock metal hood. I can gaurantee its more aerodynamic than the mangled peice of metal on my front end right now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: Affects of WIND on CARBON FIBER HOOD ({sic}GTI)

get the eGSolid ones. They're CF hoods hold up REAL will without hoodpins. They use a fiberglass full underframe, molded from the oem metal hoods. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Affects of WIND on CARBON FIBER HOOD (jinsei888)

Thatsthe same type of hood i want or am going to get. yah thats what impressed me about it. I am looking at getting at least the fender holds. I like the look of the hood pins, but cant bear to drill a hole into a an expensive hood.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ANYONE ELSE WANT AN EG HOOD?
they are out right now..... and I asked WILL if he could order just like one for me.. and he said the shipping would be ridiculous.. so have to wait. DAMN IT

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

okay this is off topic.. but dude
what the hell is this....

·
Registered
4,938 Posts

Quote, originally posted by {sic}GTI »
okay this is off topic.. but dude
what the hell is this....

a red X hehehe

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Re: Affects of WIND on CARBON FIBER HOOD (2manvr6)

you should run an aftermarket hood with hood pins, for safety precautions..if you dont feel its justifiable to drill hood pins in, i just the safety of your life isnt worth it if the hood flys off into your windshield

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: Affects of WIND on CARBON FIBER HOOD (mk4 turbo gti)

always get hood pins on aftermarkets, you dont want to see your hood flying up and breaking your windshield on the freeway man, happened to a couple of friends and they werent using hood pins, but if youre doing only in city driving it should be fine do not use hood pins

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Re: Affects of WIND on CARBON FIBER HOOD (uprisinkhmer)

yeah, on my friends civic he doesnt have hood pns and it rattles a lot and sort of acts like it wants to come up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts