VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since I've posted. Almost a year now I think.
Don't recognize most of the people posting

Well, I sold my Golf 1.8t a couple months ago. Drove 8 hours to deliver the car. It's probably the funnest car I have ever owned, even though it was only mildly modded ( shocks, struts, springs, chip, turboback, wheels, etc. ) The payments were just to much for me to comfortably handle at the time.
Ironically, I just got a new job 2 weeks ago and probably could have kept the car
, but just as well, I'll be saving a couple of hundred bucks a month by have gotten rid of it.
My next project car ( which I have just purchased last week ) is a 1990 s13 Nissan 240sx fastback. It's a dog compared to the 1.8t, but I've got plans for it in the near future, which involves that little thing we like to call boost
. Handling wise, it can run circles around a Miata.
Just posting now to say thanks to all the people on the boards who helped out with their infinite knowledge and stuff. It's been a fun few years.

-Noah
P.S. for you MD/NOVA dubs, I'll be sure to bring my 240 around to all the dub meets so I can piss everyone off and get the snot kicked out of me.

Modified by THE Wuss at 3:05 PM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (VDUBNDizzy)

which front bumper is that?

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (THE Wuss)

Quote, originally posted by THE Wuss »

Cool rear wing!

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (drm916)

Quote, originally posted by drm916 »
which front bumper is that?

looks like the Dietrich RS

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (THE Wuss)

although 240sx is not as comfortable as vw, it's fun to drive in winter
anyway i just sold my 1993 240sx three month ago, and i miss her so much...

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (golfVWz)

Build and turbo the Ka...
Its a great motor to start with, even has a crank girdle.
I have a friend that has a GHETTO ass homemade turbo setup on his. 60 trim T3, full boost around 2500 rpms, 8 psi....he ran a 13.5 @ 105 mph on a totally full tank of 93 octane and 140k on his car. The thing is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (Toaster29)

The bumper is an RS bumper from Reiger I believe, could be Dietrich, been so long I forgot.

As far as the 240 goes, yeah.. it's a 13 year old car with to many miles to count, but the body is straight and in incredible shape, and it handles on par, if not better then a miata.
As far as plans go, the KA in my car is in decent running shape, but nothing I want to invest any time or money on. It's run its course.
I already put my deposit down on an SR20DET. I could transfer it to an RB25DET ( inline 6 turbo out of a Skyline ), but between the extra cash for the RB25, and the slight fabrication to fit it, I'd be over my budget.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

Dude you selected a great car to do engine swap and boost your s13. I would also look into swapping a VG30ET or RB2.6DETT. So do you ever regret selling you nice and clean Dub for the S31? Later

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (milo)

240 with appropriate swap is definitly on my list of cars that could possibly replace the jetta if it were to get sold.
good luck

·
Registered
7,883 Posts

I already put my deposit down on an SR20DET. I could transfer it to an RB25DET ( inline 6 turbo out of a Skyline ), but between the extra cash for the RB25, and the slight fabrication to fit it, I'd be over my budget.

if you're gonna go, go all out! get the RB! i doubt you will regret it. one thing is for sure, if you get the SR you'll think later that you should have gotten the RB

·
Registered
8,323 Posts

I already put my deposit down on an SR20DET. I could transfer it to an RB25DET ( inline 6 turbo out of a Skyline )

you're thinking of the RB26DETT. twin turbo inline 6...YUM! if you have the car i'm thinking of...you must have the JDM 180SX chassis. i say just build up the SR20 and turn it into a beast. feed it some goods from Toda Racing and you'll be reeeeeeeeal happy! CONGRATS!

oh and be sure to check out some of HKS's neato turbo upgrades for the SR20DET! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by schtebie at 5:10 PM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Re: After 3 bitter sweet years, I'm off to the darkside. Thanks everyone =*( (schtebie)

Quote, originally posted by schtebie »

you're thinking of the RB26DETT. Modified by schtebie at 5:10 PM 6-30-2003

the RB26DETT wouldn't fit very well. while in liters it isn't any bigger, the overall size is much larger. you wouldn't be able to fit power steering or A/C . stick with RB25 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
590 Posts

i'll post your old cars new look after the weekend...

going into the body shop saturday...
bumper fix...
upper/mid wings...
337 rear valance...
welded in boser extension with badgeless grill...
18" racing hart S15's...
dash kit...
dual a-pillar custom fabric...
just keeping ya updated...
the car has been treated very well...
all new brakes and fixed a very troublesome interior leak that was soaking the floors...
thanks for the deal... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts