VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 8 weeks at a small german village... HGP Turbo content inside

Yesterday I collected my car from a workshop in a small village in the southern german countryside.

They did some work, changed some things ;)

Then I drove 12 hours to get home (on what should be an 8 hour journey).

After a lot of years, Ive finally realised my dream.

First teaser for you guys. Sig needs updating now... !

*** Updated for those who find the above image to subtle... :p

*** Couple of Pre Turbo iPhone snaps

*** Basic Specs:

2001 2.8 V6 24V 4 motion
HGP Turbo kit with custom R30, lowered compression, 1.2bar boost
Mid Range Extended Gears 3-6
Sachs Clutch
Single Mass Steel Flywheel
Conrod Bearings
Custom HGP 88mm/3.5in Exhaust with High Flow Cats and Bypass (pics added on page 2)
FIS Boost Gauge

This car is built to my tastes, and for my use, which is as a daily driver when Im not away working. It does the shopping, commuting (sometimes 200km each way), long distance trips, and of course provides some fun!

*** SuperFlow Dyno - 450PS at the Crank (well, its 1PS off, but Im calling it as that!)

NB: The results are from all 4 wheels, then converted to Crank figures in in KW, NM, and PS.
As many of you are aware this is how the SuperFlow Dyno works and is known to be very accurate.
Generally these numbers are going to be a little lower than what most other Dynos might read.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated pics ;)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Looks awesome, grats!

Does anyone have any info about programming the cluster computer like that?? :cool:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my case, HGP fitted the FIS boost guage, and the above welcome message is just a nice little added touch at 'key on'.

After that its switches to boost.

:)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Very cool! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
260 km/h speedo?

Definitely need to upgrade cluster scale :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I still don't get your statement that you drove 12 hours to get home when it should have taken 8 hours? With that turbo you should have taken about 5 or 6 hours to make a trip that normally would have taken 8 hours. Or did you not drive directly home?

Jimbo

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
OMG! somebody in that little village stole ur front end!!!! :eek::eek:

haha...looks good man...piping/hoses look awesome..id just drive aroubd like that..lol

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally got to HGP, sweet.
:thumbup:

Great new Jason! :thumbup:
Thanks Bruce!

:thumbup::thumbup:
:)

Congrats on finally realizing your dream! WOOT!
Thanks Brett!

260 km/h speedo? Definitely need to upgrade cluster scale :D
:laugh: Yes, the car now has mid range extended gears 3-6, so over 300kph/185mph is now theoretically possible.

I still don't get your statement that you drove 12 hours to get home when it should have taken 8 hours? With that turbo you should have taken about 5 or 6 hours to make a trip that normally would have taken 8 hours. Or did you not drive directly home?

Jimbo
Stuck in traffic jams in Germany, a lot of 80 & 100kph zones in switzerland (rigidly enforced), and road works and then a blocked tunnel in Italy (50km from home) capped off a very long day.

Clean your engine bay man!
LOL. Yes, the car needs a full detail over the winter.

haha...looks good man...piping/hoses look awesome..id just drive aroubd like that..lol
:thumbup:

More specs, details, and Dyno to come!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts