VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the past week or so i have been having alot of problems with my 96 jetta.. from transmission woes... to AC not working.... well last Thursday when my car was immobile, i contacted a friend who had a car in storage and i told him that i would buy it from him... well without further wait... here are the pictures

The Car is a Toyota Corolla FX-16. its a front wheel drive beast. the engine has been compleatly rebuilt, and it has a race clutch in it... there is no AC, and no power steering.... it has a brand new set of Volk TE-37's... this car is so much fun to drive...

Modified by Suicidal Hamster at 1:33 AM 7-19-2005

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car :):redjett::)

SICK! I don't know why I though FX-16's were RWD. What year is it? Appears to be in very good shape.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (..Countblah..)

Quote, originally posted by ..Countblah.. »
So you got rid of a car cause the A/C isn't working, to buy a car that has no A/C

I think having a car without A/C in Vegas can cause a person to spontaneously combust.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (..Countblah..)

Quote, originally posted by ..Countblah.. »
So you got rid of a car cause the A/C isn't working, to buy a car that has no A/C

I was thinking the same thing when I read through this.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (lowassveedub)

Quote, originally posted by lowassveedub »

I was thinking the same thing when I read through this.

ditto... Not only that but, while it may be a fun car and in good shape... it sure is DAMN ugly

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (Suicidal Hamster)

Quote, originally posted by Suicidal Hamster »
well last Thursday when my car was immobile, i contacted a friend who had a car in storage and i told him that i would buy it from him...

Sounds to me like the Jetta wasn't driveable and he needed a way to get around so picked up this car.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (syntrix)

sounds to me like he should have taken the $$$ used to buy the little white Toyota and get his Jetta fixed properly.
they he would have a nicely running jetta and AC.
but hey, thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (jhayesvw)

Quote, originally posted by jhayesvw »
sounds to me like he should have taken the $$$ used to buy the little white Toyota and get his Jetta fixed properly.

Disco!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (jhayesvw)

Quote, originally posted by jhayesvw »

just to have the jetta break down the next week with something else stupid... like a clutch for example, or shocks.
and the ammount that i got the car for... i could have done nothing with the jetta... the rims alone on my fx are worth more than i paid for the car

Modified by Suicidal Hamster at 10:11 AM 7-19-2005

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Re: After the Jetta takeing a poop.... my new car (Suicidal Hamster)

Quote, originally posted by Suicidal Hamster »
just to have the jetta break down the next week with something else stupid... like a clutch for example, or shocks.
and the ammount that i got the car for... i could have done nothing with the jetta... the rims alone on my fx are worth more than i paid for the car

Modified by Suicidal Hamster at 10:11 AM 7-19-2005

That is so funny. Funny as in a funny ha ha kinda way, and not a funny whackamole kinda way.

fx16 was a cool car when it came out. The white paint job is pretty hot!
I think a few drift kings have converted these to RWD, that's probably where someone got the impression they were RWD.
Hey, why don't you just add

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Quote, originally posted by RedIrishman »
You have to bring that to the starbucks thursday night get together. I want to see it in person and takes some pics.

Why not, theres a Yugo, now an FX, hell I'll bring my Pathfinder I use for work........we'll make it a NON-VW GTG!

On a serious note, besides our beloved VW's, we need something reliable every now and then..........good deal on the FX hamster! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.