VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i was to get an aftermarket alarm is it possible that i can still use the stock key as a remote? or will i have to use the aftermarket remote?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (onetime)

Unless you have a gifted tech with the right equipment
you will have to use the aftermarket alarm remote supplied

·
Banned
2,410 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (Turbo Gerbil)

quote:[HR][/HR]Unless you have a gifted tech with the right equipment
you will have to use the aftermarket alarm remote supplied[HR][/HR]​
This is the ONLY reason I won't get one...I love my key! (my alarm honk sucks though...come to think of it..i'll creat a topic

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (tvwrbo)

Well there is a system that uses your factory and you don't need an extra remote. I forgot the name but i'm sure someone will point it out.
I have a Clifford Solaris with the extra remote and believe me, I got used to having it a week later... I don't even care anymore...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (nianmuzik)

There are add-on alarms that you can install that will work with your factory remote. The only bad thing about doing this, is that the range of the stock remote isn't too great. An aftermarket remote will probably work 100 times better.

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (Romnkar)

quote:[HR][/HR]There are add-on alarms that you can install that will work with your factory remote. The only bad thing about doing this, is that the range of the stock remote isn't too great. An aftermarket remote will probably work 100 times better.[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
And you also lose the safety of code hopping on an aftermarket alarm.
the factory alarm has few codes where aftermarket alarms have billions of rolling codes

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: aftermarket alarm (Enfig Motorsport)

pretty much all i want the aftermarket alarm for is so i can use my blitz turbo timer properly since i have a 2002 but i dont want to lose my stock remote. if i got the add-on for the stock alarm will i be able to use the turbo timer properly? thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (GTIchick)

I think it's the Hornet 700T...this is off the top of my head..check out their site
It's just a brain which you tie into your stock system - the aftermarket brain will give you a dual stage alarm instead of our factory's either off or on. You will then add modules to that hornet system such as shock sensors, motion sensors
That was the whole point of this system - works while maintaining the stock remote

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: aftermarket alarm (OoNaveLoO)

cool..thanks for the help. i looked on the website and this is what im looking for. if i got this system do you think it will take care of the fuse #6 problem with the turbo timers on a 2002?

[Modified by onetime, 9:45 AM 6-4-2002]

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: aftermarket alarm (onetime)

That is something i wouldn't know about, but HTH - that aftermarket system can be had for around 140-170 (Nevermind that price)...i'm thinking about getting one also
***EDIT***
I just got myself a 700T for 60 bucks hooked up through a friend...online ordering can cost you around 75 bucks (http://www.autotechs.com)
***EDIT***
I have an '01 so I never looked into the turbo timer issue
If it does work though, you'll make a lot of '02 people happy

[Modified by OoNaveLoO, 9:28 PM 6-5-2002]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts