VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping around for a new head unit for my 2013 Golf 2.5L and my wife's 2013 Jetta. I came across this Volkswagen specific one from eonon:http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/Android-Car-DVD/VW/GA5153.html. On the website it said that it supports the 2003-2012 Golf and the 2006-2012 Jetta. I know that the stereo units on both the cars are exactly the same as the ones on the 2012 models. I emailed the company and they said that they didn't test them on the 2013 Golf and Jetta's and can't guarantee that they would work. I couldn't think of any reason why the wouldn't other than that maybe Volkswagen changed the specific wiring/harness for them even though the unit is exactly the same. The unit has a lot of benefits over non-specific units because it retains the steering wheel controls etc. without the need for more components. I was wondering if anyone here had anymore knowledge about this and would be able to tell me if these units would work in my vehicles or not. Any help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was shopping around for a new head unit for my 2013 Golf 2.5L and my wife's 2013 Jetta. I came across this Volkswagen specific one from eonon:http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/Android-Car-DVD/VW/GA5153.html. On the website it said that it supports the 2003-2012 Golf and the 2006-2012 Jetta. I know that the stereo units on both the cars are exactly the same as the ones on the 2012 models. I emailed the company and they said that they didn't test them on the 2013 Golf and Jetta's and can't guarantee that they would work. I couldn't think of any reason why the wouldn't other than that maybe Volkswagen changed the specific wiring/harness for them even though the unit is exactly the same. The unit has a lot of benefits over non-specific units because it retains the steering wheel controls etc. without the need for more components. I was wondering if anyone here had anymore knowledge about this and would be able to tell me if these units would work in my vehicles or not. Any help is much appreciated :)
I think the manufacturer telling you they haven't tested them on 2013 cars and can't guarantee their functionality should be sufficient unless you want to buy one just to see if it will work or not.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Wrong section... you have an MK6.

To answer your question skip that chinese made crap and get a good Kenwood or Pioneer Navigation unit.

My wife has a 2010 Golf 2.5 and I ripped the base stereo out in the first week and installed a Kenwood nav unit for her.

BTW most aftermarket headunits will work with the steering wheel buttons if you get a $20-$39 gateway for them.

Go to crutchfield.com or search the MK6 forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.