VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfotunately my knowledge about aftermarket sound systems/head untis is limited. I recently noticed the new Alpine Head UNit that has a direct iPod link with it. Completely controlling the iPod with the head unit sounds perfect, as it is hidden away in the glove box.
Problem 1: There is no dash kit that will allow for an easy install, guys over at Tweeter seem to think they can rig a custom dash kit to pop the unit in.
Problem 2: Will this be a simple plug n play? Will a new head unit work with the A3's sound system (I have the stock 'Concert' to clarify)
Problem 3: Dude at Tweeter said that all of the speakers may need to be replaced; this seems a bit extreme to me... I could understand if the head unit provided wayy too much power to the stock speakers, but I wouldn't imagine this would be the case.
Help/advice would be much appreciated. The traditional hardwired iPod methods don't really appeal to me, I want full control through the in-dash unit with a seemless design (no iPod visible).
The Alpine unit is the CDA-9857... Any other suggestions for a completely different head unit with similar/better funcationality, I'm all ears.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Head unit (Audiggity)

Quote, originally posted by Audiggity »
Seph,
Sorry for clarifying... I suppose you quoting me was supposed to be funny?

No, I didn't see you had written that, so I asked the question that you had already answered, and he was pointing it out to me. Then I went back and revised my answer to something that actually made sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.