1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (adeck20)

Quote, originally posted by adeck20 »
The stock spring rate should be added for a comparison. I'm not sure what it is our I would say. So basicly I want to know what it is.

Get the data, and I'll update the first post. If anyone has the #'s post 'em up!!!!

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Double-V)

Quote, originally posted by Double-V »
Maybe add a comment if the springs affect the auto-levelers for the HIDs?

They don't affect the auto levelers. Only improper leveler reassembly can, and it's easy to get it backwards.
vag-com blocks and how it was identified:
http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/...tment/

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Once this comes together a bit more, I'll add it to the FAQ. I'll definitely be following it as I am very interested myself. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (BRM10984)

I'll get what I can when I'm off work tonight... hopefully, we can get all this info in the same place.
Eibach will give you the specs if you call them!

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kit:
1.3" lower F&R,
15-20% stiffer than stock.
Eibach SportLine:
1.8" lower F&R,
30-35% stiffer than stock.
Both are progressive springs. They are quoted for a 2.5L car. So, I am to assume that we need to find out what 2.5 spring rates are, then find out what GLI/ GTI rates are. From there, we can interpolate what 20% and 35% stiffer than 2.5 stock is and compare it to GLI/ GTI stock for a rough estimate, no?

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'll update that, but I'd like to have the actual spring rates.
I was on hold forever with eibach. Anyone got time to call them and stay on hold?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (syntrix)

Quote, originally posted by syntrix »
I'll update that, but I'd like to have the actual spring rates.
I was on hold forever with eibach. Anyone got time to call them and stay on hold?

That was from a call directly to them. They don't even have the spring rates. That's what he gave me, to a "T."

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (KharatosGTI)

Quote, originally posted by KharatosGTI »
What does "progressive" mean?

a progressive spring rate.
"moderate" at first, then harder as the spring compresses.
Really, they have two spring rates, but the stiffer rate is usually what is quoted.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (KharatosGTI)

Quote, originally posted by KharatosGTI »
What does "progressive" mean?

It basically means that the spring rate changes as the spring compresses. The purpose is to start out with a bit more "plush" ride but to provide at least some increase in performance under compression.
Right?

·
Registered
6,926 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »

It basically means that the spring rate changes as the spring compresses. The purpose is to start out with a bit more "plush" ride but to provide at least some increase in performance under compression.
Right?

Bingo! I thought my 02 Jetta GLS's were progressive but the 06 GLI's sure do ride great....Neuspeeds.....I love em....and they are really no more harsh than the stock GLI's.....Great goin Aaron. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.