VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any expeirece with Aftermaket power window regs?

Seems as if they can be had for a little over 30 bones on ebay and around 60 elsewhere...... I have manual regs laying around but for some reason would just rather keep the power than drill holes in my door cards heh.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I tried hamburg tech, jopex and whatever PAP send me and they all broke.. those where the $60 ones I don't know about the $30 ones:what:

the ones I didnt try are the OEM $125 ones so i just stayed with manuals:mad:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried hamburg tech, jopex and whatever PAP send me and they all broke.. those where the $60 ones I don't know about the $30 ones:what:

the ones I didnt try are the OEM $125 ones so i just stayed with manuals:mad:
Yeah I figured there was no way a $30 reg could be any good. About how long did the others last you?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Does anyone have any expeirece with Aftermaket power window regs?

Seems as if they can be had for a little over 30 bones on ebay and around 60 elsewhere...... I have manual regs laying around but for some reason would just rather keep the power than drill holes in my door cards heh.

Thanks in advance.
They mainly seem okay. But after you've replaced a couple power regulators, you get the nail polish and drill the holes.

Went manual two years ago in my GLS and could not be happier.:D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
They mainly seem okay. But after you've replaced a couple power regulators, you get the nail polish and drill the holes.

Went manual two years ago in my GLS and could not be happier.:D
I've used the cheap ass regs and they've lasted me about 2 years. I get about the same life out of an OEM regulator. I can't tell the difference between OEM and cheap-o...so, I go with the cheap-o reg's.

If its gonna break...might as well only pay $30 for it, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.