VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since anything has been 'updated' on the car, and as some of you know it's because I was 'downsized' way back in June. Well I received some very good news this morning- I finally got another job!!!
I've been interviewing for a while & things were starting to look good- but I didnt want to say until I was absolutely positive.
With the holidays coming & my unemployment benefits almost over, I was really starting to worry- was afraid I'd have to sell the wheels off cheap or part out
Thankfully, it didnt come to that....and my new position looks to be a lot more interesting & at a very stable (non-dot.com) firm.
I wanted to share the news on here, because many Mk4 people did their best to look out for me- some gave me info on job openings at their company, some even took my resume to their boss. I appreciate all the help big & small- and I wish anyone else out there searching the best of luck. One word of advice...I've never been the best person with $$, but I started saving more recently & I'm glad I did. I didnt think this would happen to me, or that I'd be out of work for so long. I could have been farther along on my 'mod roadmap' if I didnt put so much away, but I dread to think where I'd be right now if I didnt. Keep that in mind if you ever see yourself going mod-crazy.
So now it's time for me to catch up on some bills, do some holiday shopping, and pick up where I left off- cause when you think about it, Spring & the '02 season are just around the corner. I've known for some time my next steps- now its time to execute
hehe
Thanks again everybody http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (Cosmic631)

I know what you mean about mod crazy. I have 3 sets of headlamps for my Mk2 golf, and im buying a 4th soon. crazy.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

Congrats. I was in the same boat. Layed off in May from a software company killed by the economy. Worst part was it was only a month after I traded up to my WE from a 2.0L! I made it through and worked at Borders while looking for another full time IT position. I've had a new and secure (I now work for a college) IT poition since Sept and absolutely love it. Let the mods begin again!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

please tell me you're moving to upstate and bringing the car so you can hang with club dubR!! congrats man

·
Registered
556 Posts

yea man, congrats .. the job market is tough right now .. but the economy seems to be getting a little bit better these days ... hopefully we'll get out of the recession soon and unemployment will go down ... again, congrats on the new position

what do you have planned for your dub? it's sweet as it is ...

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (Golfball_Driver)

Hey Congrats Will I'm happy your getting back on your feet, and don't have to worry about the pressures of finding a job. I look forward to whatever you have planned.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (Golfball_Driver)

quote:[HR][/HR]please tell me you're moving to upstate and bringing the car so you can hang with club dubR!! congrats man
[HR][/HR]​
It's funny that you say that, cause I almost took a job in Rochester. Actually I'll be moving from Long Island to Northern NJ- not right away, but probably in a few months to make things easier. Don't worry my local buddies- I'll be less than an hour away- you havn't seen the last of me....haha. I do have lots of friends and family upstate though & will get to visit more now- so I'm sure I'll see you guys

Thanks for all the congrats- I'm all smiles today

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (vr6dubber23)

quote:[HR][/HR]
what do you have planned for your dub? it's sweet as it is ...
[HR][/HR]​
Again, thanks
What do I have planned? Well let me get the list out- it's right here......oh shoot, I can't read it!
lol

·
Registered
5,718 Posts

Congrats! I know the pressure and stress of looking for a job. I was laid off in July, and fortunately found a position mid September that is far more stable, albeit no chance of making massive amounts of money, but I'd rather have a stable job than no job.

·
Registered
9,735 Posts

Will,

Congradulations on something permanent. I know the feeling about that situation. I been out since August, but I luckilly got a contract job for now and im continuing to look for permanent stuff in the DC metro area. See ya next NY trip if I can help it.

·
Registered
556 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Actually I'll be moving from Long Island to Northern NJ- not right away, but probably in a few months to make things easier. Don't worry my local buddies- I'll be less than an hour away- you havn't seen the last of me....haha. I do have lots of friends and family upstate though & will get to visit more now- so I'm sure I'll see you guys

Thanks for all the congrats- I'm all smiles today
[HR][/HR]​
where in northern jersey? bergen county? that would be cool to have such a nice dub 'round my parts

maybe you can help me install some of my mods since you obviously did a nice job on yours

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (SnowbrdrVW)

Yea where in jersey i am coming back for the holidaze this year, i just moved to Cali (San Diego). Orginally fm Vernon (Sussex County), New Jersey. Now that Northen jersey, 2 minuites fm N.Y. Border

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (X-Faith)

Actually, yeah- I'll be working in Bergen County & hopefully living nearby.....and Im always up to lend a hand- I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Ahhh- time to start things up again! (2kjettaguy)

Nice!! I don't think I ever saw that picture.....
But Backstreet man? Come on- you know I'm hard-core O-Town
lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts