VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second time my airbag light has come on in my 01 GTI's short life! I have had the dealer diagnose the problem and it seems there is an open fault code, and requires part#3BO-880-201blah blah blah...which is the drivers side airbag unit. Can anyone tell if there is an online aftermarket parts dealer? Anyone witj experience???

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: Air bag parts and service Help.. (Bungi)

Air bag systems are a huge potential liability, so there will likely never be any place but the dealer to get OE replacement parts (except salvage yard).
For the most part, the air bag light being on is usually due to either a faulty sensor or faulty electrical connector. You should also be aware that the air bag light can be turned off (not disabled) without replacing the faulty sensor. If fault reoccurs, light will come on again.
Keep your service receipts so that you can keep track of which sensors were replaced when...in case of accident and one does not deploy as it should. Or same sensor fails twice. Otherwise, they will give you the "bohica" dealer treatment.

[Modified by Electron Man, 7:22 AM 4-11-2002]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.