VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Re: Air conditioner blowing warm air....wtf! (06gliturbo31)

Quote, originally posted by 06gliturbo31 »
2006 Jetta GLI 31k...blowing hot air! Nice surprise when it finally reached 80 here in NY. Any answers???

I have an 06 GTI with just over 31K miles. My AC was blowing warm air, but when I took it in for service, it worked fine for them, and now it's working fine for me as well.

·
Registered
888 Posts

OP did you try 'Auto' instead of 'Econ' on climatronic control?. Happened first time I used A/C, Def a-- wtf --moment but blew cool as ice on auto.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I had the same problem, sitting at a light and all of the sudden....hot air...but only after my car was repaired from a tornado/hail storm...it broke the radiator support so they had to drain the freon or whatever the greenies are calling it and put in new....except, it was not new...most shops have a recovery system where the fluid goes into and supposedly "filtered" and then it is use to recharge other cars. Well, I had a cat pee smell from inside my car after they did this...so I took it back and demanded they use new fluid. They tried to say the ac fluid is oderless and their recovery system filters it....however.....the a/c fluid itself can hold moisture and odor molecules...and their filter systems cannot take it all out. The other thing that could cause this is an air bubble caused by not having enough a/c fluid in the system
I would ask if the shop you go to has a recovery system, and if they do...tell them not to put used/filtered fluid in your car.

13,866 Posts
Re: Air conditioner blowing warm air....wtf! (timwlucas)

Quote, originally posted by timwlucas »
I had the same problem, sitting at a light and all of the sudden....hot air...but only after my car was repaired from a tornado/hail storm...it broke the radiator support so they had to drain the freon or whatever the greenies are calling it and put in new....except, it was not new...most shops have a recovery system where the fluid goes into and supposedly "filtered" and then it is use to recharge other cars. Well, I had a cat pee smell from inside my car after they did this...so I took it back and demanded they use new fluid. They tried to say the ac fluid is oderless and their recovery system filters it....however.....the a/c fluid itself can hold moisture and odor molecules...and their filter systems cannot take it all out. The other thing that could cause this is an air bubble caused by not having enough a/c fluid in the system
I would ask if the shop you go to has a recovery system, and if they do...tell them not to put used/filtered fluid in your car.

X2 mine didn't work after I picked my car up from the body shop. I had a deer impact and hailstorm damage within 4 days of each other.
They recharged it and it has been fine ever since *fingers crossed*
If it does stop working, at least I have a lifetime warranty on it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
98 Posts

2006 VW's = Bad Compressors!
My 2006 GTI was on it's 4th compressor in one year. Needless to say VWoA took it back after I mention the words "Lemon Law"....and got me into a 2007!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: (06gliturbo31)

Quote, originally posted by 06gliturbo31 »
so what should i do? go have it checked out at vw? I mean is it covered under warranty? What are our stock warranties that would cover this? Limited/Powertrain? Sucks i dont even know this haha

A quick guess....your compressor is shot. Seems to be happening right and left on 2006 models. Just bring it in, it is under warranty so I would not worry.

·
Registered
2018 Atlas V6 R-Line; 2019 330ix M-Sport
33,347 Posts
same thing happened to me on saturday. it was pushing 90 and i decided to turn on the air, only to have hot air blown in my face (because it was hot out).
i'm taking the car in tomorrow.
here's my prediciton: it will be cool in the morning and when the turn on the "AC" it will blow cool air and they'll say everything is fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: (NoDubJustYet)

Quote, originally posted by NoDubJustYet »
same thing happened to me on saturday. it was pushing 90 and i decided to turn on the air, only to have hot air blown in my face (because it was hot out).
i'm taking the car in tomorrow.
here's my prediciton: it will be cool in the morning and when the turn on the "AC" it will blow cool air and they'll say everything is fine.

Well when the three that went bad on me started blowing hot air....that's all they did!
Also if they do end up replacing your compressor...MAKE SURE they flush the system 3-4 times and replace the hoses. The contaminates from the bad compressor will F-UP the new one. When I had compressor #3 put in, they did not do that...which made it fail 10 months later.

·
Registered
732 Posts
hey, just how cold is everyone's A/C blowing? (when working properly) i guess i could just go up to the dealership and test out one of the other cars on the lot, but if i crank my temp down to 64* it doesnt seem to blow ice out trying to achieve that temp, just chilly, and not freezing. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: (flynavyj)

Quote, originally posted by flynavyj »
hey, just how cold is everyone's A/C blowing? (when working properly) i guess i could just go up to the dealership and test out one of the other cars on the lot, but if i crank my temp down to 64* it doesnt seem to blow ice out trying to achieve that temp, just chilly, and not freezing. Thanks.

The A/C in my '07 seems allot better then the one in my '06 (when it worked). I'm not sure the temp, but I keep turning it hotter because it gets too cold! A good problem to deal with in Florida

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.