VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
26k miles and my AC pump seize causing the belt to fail...
Can someone consolidate the 5 page archived discussion?
What TSBs are out there for this?
What is the propper method to avoid repeated failures.?
What do I need to ask my dealer to do?
It is under waranty now, but im over half way to my 4 year end date...
Never heard of this type of problem before...thnks

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Air Conditioner Failure 2.0T A/C Pump Seized - What is the story - (silverA4quattro)

ummm...ok......

Maybe a little more input might help...
like why an A/C compressor failed in 1.5 years...
What I might be able to do to prevent this happening in another 1.5 years when the warranty is up...
or maybe that is just a stupid question to ask the largest automotive user site on the planet...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: Air Conditioner Failure 2.0T A/C Pump Seized - What is the story - (fiorya)

Do a search, VW got a batch of bad 2.0T A/C compressors, and has changed suppliers. Some of us took getting a couple before we got a good one. I believe you want a Sanden, not a Zexos

Modified by rickerbr at 11:47 AM 6-15-2007

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: What is the build date on your car ??? (fiorya)

if there are no leaks in your system and the coolant isnt low, it should be fine... unless it's a faulty unit to begin with.
my system on my mk3 had a leak which caused the compressor to fail... and that was at 74k, luck for me i had just bought the car from a dealer and it was under warranty. they replaced it and i never had a problem after that... the car still blew cold air when i gave it away a month ago with 227k miles on it

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: What is the build date on your car ??? (uno de ellos)

VW ended up putting me into a new 2007 GTI after I mention I would Lemon Law my 06 GTI (4 A/C compressors in 1 year)
That worked for me!
And I just got my second Fast in the mail!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: What is the build date on your car ??? (scubavw)

Update--
Been back to Fred Bean's twice due to this failure...
First Time I assumed it was Ok. they replaced the Pump I went home and had dinner...Next day was hot but no cold air..I dropped it off the next monday.
They say the Refrigerant was low, and recharged it, did leak checks and what not.
Called that it was fine, and come and get it...Came by to pick it up tonight..Decided to let it run...Guess what....
No Cold Air...
I refused to accept the car...left in the loaner...let them figure out the paperwork..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Air Conditioner Failure 2.0T A/C Pump Seized - What is the story - (rickerbr)

Does anyone know how I can tell if I have a Sanden or Zexos? Any part #'s to look for? I have been checking and have no idea. mine gli was built on 3/06. From what I can tell this is more common on GTI's and early GLI's.
thanks

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: What is the build date on your car ??? (fiorya)

Got the car back Monday...
My third trip got it fixed ...I hope...
Talked to the Service Manager the day after I refused to take the car... He said "it was running fine that morning" which was BS because both the evening desk guy and I confirmed it was blowing warm.
Said there were some TSBs in place that might cause the issue, which was funny because i asked them about TSBs a week earlier and was told there were none...
Parts for the TSB were on national backorder..they had the car 10 days before I got it back...seems to be fixed...no more leaks..so far..
so half assed i could not make it up...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.