VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (06gligirl)

1 word.
warranty http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

No problem yet besides it sucking. Now that I got the tint the other day its cooler, but still not cool enough....
Oh well. I should expect that living in texas.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (VWBora18T)

Quote, originally posted by VWBora18T »
1 word.
warranty http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

No problem yet besides it sucking. Now that I got the tint the other day its cooler, but still not cool enough....
Oh well. I should expect that living in texas.

Definatly get window tint, it really helps here in inland socal.

·
Registered
1990 Corrado G60, 2019 GTI 6MT
1,884 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 06gligirl »
Is anyone having any problems with their AC? I bought my GLI in October and the AC is already shot. It's just hot air comming out. Anyone else having this problem?

I've noticed the A/C in my GTI isn't nearly as powerful as the A/C in my Corrado, I'm thinking it's because of the freon R12 vs R134a, but my parents' BMW '98 540 and '97 E420 both get super cold and they use R134a.
Where the Corrado would get cold within 10 seconds, even at a stand-still, the GTI needs 30+ seconds and to get moving. Even the temp while on the freeway is just cool, not cold
BUT.... it's adequate, I guess. Disappointing for a new car but adequate.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Is anyone having any problems with their AC? I bought my GLI in October and the AC is already shot. It's just hot air comming out. Anyone else having this problem?

Air just went out in my GTI this afternoon. Stopped somewhere to eat lunch and came back out and nothing, compressor wont even kick on. I'm crossing my fingers I didnt get a stone or something poke a hole in the condensor

·
Registered
685 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (DuBBeDoUt)

Quote, originally posted by DuBBeDoUt »
my GLI did the same thing the 2nd day I had it...took it in the the dealership and they said something had some loose...all is well now! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yes im calling the dealer tomorrow morning 7am when they open and hoping to get in right away. I know its been pretty hot everywhere around the states and FL is no exception so A/C is a necessity.
Do you remember exactly what "came loose"?

·
Registered
909 Posts

Man this seems to be common...my 07 with only 512 miles just went out...was working fine...when inside the house for a bit and then came back outside..started the car and nothing but hot humid air no matter what i do to the controls
I am hoping its just something that came loose like others said...
has anybody else had this problem..if so, what is the cause and what did the dealer do to fix it...
Its $h|t like this that drive me crazy, brand new car, not even 1000miles yet and the F*(#$* AC not working. VW sure is living up to there reputation

·
Registered
2019 Golf Sportwagen SE, 2013 Beetle Turbo Convertible, 1995 Mazda Miata
1,197 Posts

Hmm.
This A/C failure issue seems to be turning into fairly big deal here....
just do a search...check out the number of them..

Mine started blowing hot air three times in the last two days while Im sitting at a light. All three times I switched the A/C button off and back on and it came back cold thankfully all three times.
an appt is in order....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (racer_41)

As I mentioned in another thread, I am on my 3rd compressor. The 2nd one died as I was leaving the dealer!! I was told the by the mechanic that the compressor are not made by VW and are from Japan. After my 2nd one died, there was no replacements anywhere in the US. They were all on backorder. That is way they ended up pulling a compressor out of a 2.0T Passat they had on the lot. They use many of the same parts and the compressor was a direct swap. So far.......so good!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: (aslander)

don't know if you've tried these already but: close the diffuser on top of dash, shut off the glove compartment vent and shut off the under armrest vent. Air comes out much stronger and i had no problems in the 100 degree mugginess last week.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts

Like many suggested already, take the ride to a dealership and don't even bother yourself. I mean you paid serious money for the ride, so you can atleast use the warranty. Good Luck

·
Registered
983 Posts

The A/C died on my 07 GTI after 3 days of ownership on a 100 deg. day. It is at the dealership right now, so I'm not sure what is broken. I sure hope this isn't a problem like the coilpacks...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (jimb)

The AC in my 06 Passat sucks.... it takes like 1 min for it to blow SOME cold air. Everything it's fine when you drive but when you come to a light it just blows hot air.... damn.
It seems this problem is across the board with new VWs... Recall?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Let VWoA know. Call them.
I have dealt with this for the last 45 days. When I talked to VW about why does it take 8 days to get parts from Germany and has anyone else had this issue. They told me that I seem to be the only one.
So let them know.
I have went through 3 compressors also and finally it works really well.
But 3.5 months owning the GTI and 3 weeks in the shop with 3500 miles on the car is uncalled for.

·
Registered
548 Posts
This weekend on my GTI the 1 2 and 3 option on the fan stopped working but 4 works fine. The AC works fine at 4 that it. Before it stopped working a hear a big clunk and then it stopped working. Is this what you guys are having?

1 - 20 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.