VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (vwsteve19)

Quote, originally posted by vwsteve19 »
This is total BS you need to call VWOA and biatch at them, whats the point of A/C if it doesnt work when it gets hot
I don't understand why dealers would tell their customers this and just piss them off, does anyone actually believe any of that stuff

Well, considering that ambeint temperatures around that number are when I notice the "swamp air" trend with mine, yes, I'd have to think twice about it.
I doubt they'd design it that way, but I can see someone foaming at the mouth with that as the alleged truth.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (BRM10984)

Yeah, it struck me as very odd as well, it's like engineering failure right into the vehicle. Dealership is normally very good, they said thats what VW is telling them. I'm inclined to believe them for now... VWoA gets the call tomorrow. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (sideshowbob)

Quote, originally posted by sideshowbob »
Yeah, it struck me as very odd as well, it's like engineering failure right into the vehicle. Dealership is normally very good, they said thats what VW is telling them. I'm inclined to believe them for now... VWoA gets the call tomorrow. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Hey im in the orlando area as well what dealership do you go to, I'm at Aristocrat

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (06gligirl)

Quote, originally posted by 06gligirl »
Is anyone having any problems with their AC?

Nope. Fan level 4 + Recirculate = Comfort even in 100+ degree temps. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,435 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
I don't want to buy it, but something tells me that they'd do something that dumb.

C'mon, Brian, moderators aren't supposed to troll!
It sounds (and smells) like a clueless dealer rep trying ot cover his a $ $. My A/C definitely works in 100+ F degree heat.

·
Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (jddaigle)

Quote, originally posted by jddaigle »
C'mon, Brian, moderators aren't supposed to troll!
It sounds (and smells) like a clueless dealer rep trying ot cover his a $ $. My A/C definitely works in 100+ F degree heat.

Mine works as well if the measure is of how much swamp air it blows.

It's odd- one minute it's at least reasonably cool, and the next minute there's not a lick of "coolness" to be detected. I thought at first that it was just my imagination, but I'm really starting to believe there's something to it.
That doesn't mean I believe that dealer, but I can see how they could fabricate such a tall tale.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

could this have anything to do with a system that when you press the gas pedal in fully it would disconnect the compressor to get that little extra hp?? I know my A4 did this but have no idea if the MKV has this feature and maybe this is what could be malfunctioning??
Just a thought.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I actually bought mine at aristocrat, and so far have been happy. I don't think the dealership is making stuff up to cover their butts, at least i dont want to think they are lying to me. The big thing for me is that I, like many others work their butts off to be able to afford a brand new VW, (my first brand new vw) and we expect that things are going to work correctly. I understand that sometimes parts break, get recalled, whatever. I just want them to be fixed in a timley manner with no bull...i love my dub and just want it to work right and give me the enjoyment of driving. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
684 Posts

I actually bought mine at aristocrat, and so far have been happy. I don't think the dealership is making stuff up to cover their butts, at least i dont want to think they are lying to me. The big thing for me is that I, like many others work their butts off to be able to afford a brand new VW, (my first brand new vw) and we expect that things are going to work correctly. I understand that sometimes parts break, get recalled, whatever. I just want them to be fixed in a timley manner with no bull...i love my dub and just want it to work right and give me the enjoyment of driving. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I could not agree more, and when you buy a VW you expect to have a few problems, and thats why you have the wonderful warranty to get those fixed and those couple little quirks are worth how great the car is, however being in a chevy cobalt for 2 1/2 weeks and counting for an a/c problem is just not acceptable in any brand new car regardless of make. I took this all up with VWOA and after a little yelling and screaming I will not being making a car payment next month which does ease the pain a little
Oh and as far as I can tell Aristocrat is doing everything they can to get the car fixed they just have to keep waiting on VWOA to ship the parts to them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (Racecar_driveR)

Quote, originally posted by Racecar_driveR »
ya i had kinda the same problem but (i have the digital heat) if i put it on low and push the button with the arrow pointing towards the seat it cools the car right down
I have the same exact problem! It only does this like once every 10 times I drive though.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Service rep told me that there is an ambient air temp sensor for the A/C system that shuts the A/C off if the ambient air temperature hits 100F. How do they sell cars in arizona?

NONSENSE....This is how VW gets a bad name with its customers...That service rep is talking pure crap.....
It is true that SOME AC systems, VW??? do have full throttle sensors that will briefly cut the compressor IF and only WHEN you fully depress the throttle...
But from those posting here it does not sound like this is at issue as the AC seems to go out more ramdomly.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (BlackSRT-4u)

Quote, originally posted by BlackSRT-4u »
Add me up, 3600miles 06 GLi.. compressor took a crap.. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

I have been counting and I can't find my list right now but I believe you are #12, all 2.0T engines by the way

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (racercx2)

Quote, originally posted by racercx2 »

NONSENSE....This is how VW gets a bad name with its customers...That service rep is talking pure crap.....
It is true that SOME AC systems, VW??? do have full throttle sensors that will briefly cut the compressor IF and only WHEN you fully depress the throttle...
But from those posting here it does not sound like this is at issue as the AC seems to go out more ramdomly.

Like I said before, until I talk to vwoa i'm not passing any judgements on the service reps...Its tough to take back accusations, and yes it does seem incredibly far fetched that the AC shuts off at 100f, but the one fact we all have here is that some of us, a relatively small group, have full time or part time issues with the AC and as long as I have this warranty, i know they have to fix it.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
203 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vwsteve19 »

I have been counting and I can't find my list right now but I believe you are #12, all 2.0T engines by the way

Wow that sucks.. I called VWOA.. and put a complaint.. i think everyone should do the same so they could issue a recall before this happends to anyone else .. Trust me it sucks driving with out AC specially here in Florida that its not only HOT but it Rains every afternoon during the summer..

Pablo

·
Registered
92 Posts

So check this one out: Took car to service today for a few issues one of which was A/C not blowing cold all the time. Service rep told me that there is an ambient air temp sensor for the A/C system that shuts the A/C off if the ambient air temperature hits 100F. How do they sell cars in arizona?

He's full of it. I live in Las Vegas and it's been over 100F almost every day for the last 3 months and I've had zero AC issues.
I've also found the A/C is a little colder if I keep the fan at #3 with the recirc. on and drive it gently.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: Air Conditioning (BillyInLasVegas)

Finally got my car back today. It had been at the dealer for 23 days.
I ran up a rental car bill of $960 (23 days @ $30/days plus $12/day for underage renter I'm 22.)
Having a car payment made for me next month by VWOA $275
About $1,000 worth of parts replaced (compressor, condenser, evap valve, misc hoses and seals and a full system flush and re-charge), with labor probably would of been about a $2,500 job.
Grand total of about $3,800 a rough estimate, but I dont think I'm off by more than $500-600

I'm in the process of writing a letter to VWOA about the length of time my car sat waiting for parts about 20 out of the 23 days, they got 3 seperate shipments of parts in. I figure they could of cut the cost of the rental car by about $700 and saved $275 on my payment if they had simply used overnight delivery for my parts, instead I waited usually about 8 days (business and non-business) for each seperate shipment of parts to come in.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif VWOA customer service, except my payment being made
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif whoever makes the decision on the type of shipping service
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to getting my car back and realizing after 3 weeks in a chevy cobalt how awesome the car really is (holy shiat is it fast)

·
Registered
203 Posts

Got the car back today, A/C working great.. Only problem.. my car has a Dent on the passanger front Fender...
they are calling someone to fix the dent on tuesday... i was really happy that my car was finished till i saw that nasty dent... Also told them not to wash the car since they seem to be pretty careless about it... and they did.. so i'm waitting till tomorrow morning to check the car up since i need sun light to be able to see swirl marks..
I only have two good things to say..
VWOA : Great costumer service (atleast with me)
and i got the car fixed in a day....
Pablo
Edit: Car is back at the dealer today... AC not working again...

Modified by BlackSRT-4u at 7:44 PM 9-2-2006

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BlackSRT-4u »

VWOA : Great costumer service (atleast with me)
and i got the car fixed in a day....
Pablo
Edit: Car is back at the dealer today... AC not working again...

Modified by BlackSRT-4u at 7:44 PM 9-2-2006

61 - 80 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.