VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autometer air/fuel ratio gauge and I need to know where I can get an accurate reading to tap into on a 95 Jetta 2.0. I tried the o2 sensor but I cant get anything from it. If anyone knows anything, please email me. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure this out. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Re: Air/fuel ratio gauge install on 95 jetta (wicked2.0)

read the DIY/FAQ at the top of the page, thats what its there for, somebody posted about it

·
Registered
218 Posts

I just intall mine last week on a 98. You got to tap into the gray wire on the O2 sensor right b4 the Cat. converter. It is a B... to get there cuz the wire runs low on the fire wall. So i lifted the car and did all the work under.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Air/fuel ratio gauge install on 95 jetta (vento98SC)

I already tapped into the grey wire off the o2 sensor and it doesnt do anything. Is there anything I need to do after I hook it up to make it work?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I already tapped into the grey wire off the o2 sensor and it doesnt do anything. Is there anything I need to do after I hook it up to make it work?
[HR][/HR]​
You have to hook up ground and power to the gauge itself.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Re: Air/fuel ratio gauge install on 95 jetta (Greg.The.Bunny)

if you read the DIY/FAQ like i posted above you would have known that

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re: Air/fuel ratio gauge install on 95 jetta (Greg.The.Bunny)

MAke sure u follow the instructions for the other wires. But originally it did not work for me, cuz the gray wire is heavily isolated. SO make sure u have contact. I ended up soldering it instead of using those worthless connectors.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Air/fuel ratio gauge install on 95 jetta (lowazzgolf)

i have no idea where this diy/faq is. where do i click for this thing that your talkin about? I just started using this sight.

[Modified by wicked2.0, 1:15 AM 12-3-2002]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts