VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking a poll to find out which Air Intake System is better. Who has what and what are the pros and cons. If you know of another system please chime in.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Re: Air Intake Poll (radoingermany)

I have the Eurosport on mine, came with the car actually, I like it! They both kinda the same, but most people go with Eurosport because of the fact that they are anti-Neuspeed. Honestly the only thing you will notice is the increase in noise when on the throttle, but it sounds sweet, nice growl. If you are looking for something maybe a little better check out the Turn 2 CAI, or you can go the cheaper alternative w/ the DIY civic CAI(don't know how many civics you see in Germany).
BTW lock your post!!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: Air Intake Poll (CORRADOFREEK)

I use the stock airbox with a k&n filter and the snorkle removed. Unless you have a really good heatshield I don't see the point of running a cone filter. The stock air box stops most of that engine heat from going into the intake.
oh, and I still get the patented cone filter sound with my setup

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Re: Air Intake Poll (racaro_kid)

where's the choice for custom?
-Greg

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: Air Intake Poll (Strictly Gravy)

Quote, originally posted by Strictly Gravy »
where's the choice for custom?

Quote, originally posted by radoingermany »
you know of another system please chime in.

·
Registered
251 Posts

Does the p-flo come with a good heatshield? i actually dont have any air intake systems on the car. I was lookin around to see which would be a good one. which one does its job best?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Re: Air Intake Poll (RabidRabbit84)

neuspeed does not come with a heat sheild... but they look the most professional i think... and you could make a heat sheild...

·
Registered
1990 VW Corrado, 2002 Audi allroad, 2017 VW eGolf
7,528 Posts

Quote, originally posted by racaro_kid »
I use the stock airbox with a k&n filter and the snorkle removed. Unless you have a really good heatshield I don't see the point of running a cone filter. The stock air box stops most of that engine heat from going into the intake.

this is the way i go. it just get way too hot if you have a cone filter. especially on a g60 where (unless you run it down through the carbon canister) the filter is bent back towards the rear. towards the heat.
cold is better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is a snorkle, someone explain please
? (not from an english speaking area, looked it up and it's not listed in my dictionary).. I'd really appreciate if someone could drop some links to pics

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: (Calavera)

Quote, originally posted by Calavera »
What is a snorkle, someone explain please
? (not from an english speaking area, looked it up and it's not listed in my dictionary).. I'd really appreciate if someone could drop some links to pics

The snorkle (i'm not sure if this is the technical term for it) is an oval shaped tube at the front of the air box that directs air from behind the headlight into the box. It restricts the air intake slightly and when removed it leaves a larger opening for more air to flow in. Also gives you that nice growl on wide open throttle.
To remove it you need to use a flat screwdriver and gently pry it from the air box. Work the screwdriver around the snorkle so you don't break it.

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Re: (racaro_kid)

stock airbox k&n no snorkel, represent http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Re: Air Intake Poll (radoingermany)

i have the turn2 cold air intake and i wouldnt have it any other way
looks awesome (chrome) and sounds great. i have no complaints

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have a Neuspeed off of a VR6 golf... had to do a little custom snipping and bending but it has a heat shield... im going back to the stock air box, with K&N filter and a swis cheese bottom.... Deeper sound than the cone

1 - 20 of 55 Posts