VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a company that makes Air ride for a 2002 Jetta? I'm wanting to do it without modifying the crap out of my car. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Air Ride Suspension (obvious510)

laugh all you want, i drive a 2.0 automatic, so its not like im gonna waste my money trying to trick it out with a bunch of speed stuff, It would be pointless, and i wanted to do something diffrent so i dont look like every other jetta on vortex or in town for that matter http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif maybe i'll do a body kit and some bbs or porsche rims so i look like everyone elsE...that would BE SO KOOL

·
Banned
8,251 Posts
Re: Air Ride Suspension (kustomkulture916)

there really arent any car specific systems, most are custom.
although they do make a new airbag strut which is on my to do list in the next year

problem..its like 1000-1200 for the fronts only!
i dont race so i dont care, plus bags are just friggin hilarious

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Air Ride Suspension (ninja_van1sh)

Yeah,I dont want to spend 5k on a suspension which is what i would be into it with the strut cylinders, just sort of wish there was an alternitive...anyone know of anything else?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been looking to get airbag suspension for over a year now..just doing research and saving money. Aim industries make front and back air struts for our year vw's. Ride tech makes back airstruts for our car and are in the process of making front air struts they have damping adjustment for them and they say can be used for track use. I'm waiting for air ride tech to release the front air struts because these are the one I really want and I wanna get the whole system. I have been waiting over a year for this company to release the front struts everytime I ask them when they will come out they say (o its winter they will be out this summer or o its summer they will be out this winter. Last time they said they would be out in January, well that came and went and now they say it will be out this summer. I'm just gonna break down soon and get coilover or somthing.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Re: (wug)

Quote, originally posted by wug »
I'm waiting for air ride tech to release the front air struts because these are the one I really want and I wanna get the whole system.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif me too, that setup looks the biz, and the adjustable dampening gives it a lot of potential

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Re: (Rider_Wanted)

My Trofeo has a air suspention. It's the General Motors FE-3 suspention, it has an air compressor that adds air the the rear struts to level the car. It's pretty cool to be able to stick a bunch of people in the back and not drag the tail pipes.
I don't know if you could do it to the front, but it's a pretty simple set up. It's just got a height sensor and an air compressor, and the struts of course.
Maybe you could retrofit something like that...... Anything is possible.

·
Banned
958 Posts
Re: (GTI2pointSLOW)

ok a price quote i got in south florida, which will probably be the best price out was, 2500 not installed 3200 installed, and that is where i ordered my parts from. they are a big store, and said if a few people jump on these kits there can be a lower in the proce. they use all top of the line components. pm me for details.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Re: Air Ride Suspension (Poppa18T)

http://www.ridetech.com this is the best air ride suspension on the market. I'm also waiting for them to to get on their mkiv front kit. They're having problems with them because of all the sideload on the bottom part of the strut, ie. how it clamps into the spindle. Should be soon though!

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Re: Air Ride Suspension (tripwalking)

I will have information on a dampning adjustable air kit in the next 2-3 days. It will be a MKIV specific application and come with full instructions etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts