VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wondering is anyone running a jetta 2.5 on bags and is un-notched? Because of insurance purposes I was thinking of NOT notching the frame, but I was wondering if at regular driving height does the axel bang on the subframe a lot?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all, just wondering is anyone running a jetta 2.5 on bags and is un-notched? Because of insurance purposes I was thinking of NOT notching the frame, but I was wondering if at regular driving height does the axel bang on the subframe a lot?
I’m on air. No notch. I don’t axle bang when I drive since my ride height is similar to someone height that was on coilovers. The only time axle is an issue is when your air out. Sure you heard those stories of the passenger side sitting about an inch higher. Not sure if they’re any mechanical downsides or negative effects of frame sitting on axle when parked aired out. Guess someone else can chime in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.