VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Airbag has been acting sketchy for a couple weeks with passenger seatbelt alarm/signal going off when nothing is in passenger seat and passenger airbag light going on and off throughout drive. Got the car cleaned inside to remove a stain and as soon as I picked it up from the cleaner airbag dash light is on.

At first I thought wiring under the seat must have been messed up by a vacuum or something but I can't see or feel anything loose and the issue was starting before the cleaning. Hooked up scanner but no codes. Help!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Do you know if the detailer removed the seat without pulling the battery? Also, what are you using for a code scanner? Are you using a generic OBD2 scanner or a scanner that can speak with all of the cars modules, like the airbag module? If not, I would find someone who can scan as it might be a simple code in the airbag module or something like the seat weight sensor or the PODS (occupancy module under the passenger seat) storing an error. Usually, once the ABS module throws an error, it needs to be cleared using a scantool that can speak with the module directly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.