VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an air/fuel gauge on their 2002 1.8t yet?? I was told by a local shop that they would have to drill in a new o2 sensor in my downpipe in order to make it work, as opposed to the 00/01. Please let me know thanks !!!

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
Re: AirFuel Gauge install on 2002 1.8Ts (dubniK)

quote:[HR][/HR]Has anyone installed an air/fuel gauge on their 2002 1.8t yet?? I was told by a local shop that they would have to drill in a new o2 sensor in my downpipe in order to make it work, as opposed to the 00/01. Please let me know thanks !!![HR][/HR]​
yeah that's what i heard also. anymore comments?

·
Banned
8,717 Posts
Re: AirFuel Gauge install on 2002 1.8Ts (BananaCo)

I think you may want a extra O2 sensor. I was reading that the stock O2 sensor doesnt have enough "range" to be that accurate. Not sure what that means. Where would be a good place to mount the second O2 sensor?
I also am looking for info on installing a EGR gauge. But i would like info on EGR readings. Hopefully someone will chime in with a good place to read about both A/F and EGR's
I saw this nice easy and simple A/F gauge and can be mounted anywhere. Good explaination on it as well.
http://www.dawesdevices.com/airfuelmeter.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.