VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am possibly moving to Hunstville, AL later this year and am curious as to what it'll cost me to register my car there. I've found some info on the web about fees, but the property tax part is vague.
Can anyone in that area with a 2004 Jetta GLS TDI or similar attest to what they've been charged recently for the Ad Valorem (Property tax) portion of the registration? And how about a 2003 Acura MDX Touring? I just want a rough ides of what it'll run me.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: Alabama (Huntsville) Car Registration Question (Cosmobug2)

Did you check the local regional forum for AL?
They will give you a more definitive answer.
Also, call the local AL DMV and state treasury; they'll have answers on tax rates, etc.
- Erik

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The web sites list something like a percentage (15% maybe?) of the assessed value which is like 15% of the market value. Of course, it is not totally clear and god knows what they think is the market value of my cars. I just want to see what other's have paid on similar cars. In my experience, DMVs do not quote these type figures over the phone...they will tell you the hard fees (plates, etc) but refuse to tell you what you'll pay in taxes. Thanks...I'll wait and see if anyone else replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.