VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

18281 - 18300 of 18340 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Figure it's worth a try before I start looking and emailing people on the Vag com regional list, but is there anyone with reasonable distance of Auburn or Montgomery that would be able to help me code my LED tail lights for my and a few other small things for my mk6 GTI?? I'd be more than happy to provide a 6 pack or something else for your troubles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alabama VW scene (Huntsville)

Well unhappy to see that yet another place to find VW owners is a dead thread. The NAVC sites are not even up to date let alone the face book page. I know there has to be some sort of dedicated owners out here willing to gather and talk VDUB. Or am I the only crazy VW owner left? :banghead:

Here is what I own:

1974 VW Bug Standard non supper ( being rehabbed ) was once my drag car hope to soon be again.
1972 Squareback still has the factory blue paint or most of it, currently my daily driver.
1981 & 83 MK1 Rabbit Pickups the next project in the making.
2004 GOLF TDI Daily driver that has been getting a refresh of all sorts of parts. Hope to be back on the road soon.

I would post pics but need to take a few current ones.
I have some old ones at http://volkswageninsanity.us

Native Arizonian Living in Huntsville,
Daniel Du Vall

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Native Arizonian Living in Huntsville,
Daniel Du Vall
I will be moving to Huntsville this weekend. Know of any good shops in the area?

2008 VW Passat 3.6L 4motion WAGON -his
2012 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T 4motion -hers
I'm still tooling around up here too. Danny, we met at Highlands earlier this year. Honestly, I just don't get on the forums that much anymore... or Facebook. I'm kind of turning into an online hermit actually.

I'm currently driving a mk3 Jetta that looks ummm ... let's just say it's been well broken in. It's faded red with a windsor blue hood. It's my "getting out of debt" car. :D
I live near the NW side of Redstone and work in Madison.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm still tooling around up here too. Danny, we met at Highlands earlier this year. Honestly, I just don't get on the forums that much anymore... or Facebook. I'm kind of turning into an online hermit actually.

I'm currently driving a mk3 Jetta that looks ummm ... let's just say it's been well broken in. It's faded red with a windsor blue hood. It's my "getting out of debt" car. :D
I live near the NW side of Redstone and work in Madison.

Both mine are paid for and I will roll them until the wheels fall off. And then I'll put on new hubs / bearings. :D

I live in Madison (well Saturday anyway) and work in research park.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I will be moving to Huntsville this weekend. Know of any good shops in the area?

2008 VW Passat 3.6L 4motion WAGON -his
2012 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T 4motion -hers
Troy,

Covert Customs is in either Madison or Huntsville. They're an authorized APR dealer as well.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Thank you for the info. 15 minutes from the house!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
You're welcome. Get Don to show you his old MKIV Jetta when/if you go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
anything going on around Montgomery? i have a E36 M3 and 1981 pickup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok then there’s another guy (Tony) that is around with a white mk 7 also..

Do you have the vcds cable? I have one if you wanted to do any mods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been looking for someone with one of these actually. I really want to turn off soundaktor and see what other options there are to mess around with. I'll shoot you a PM.

18281 - 18300 of 18340 Posts