VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just 5 minutes ago, my car just went off.. no body wasn't makin any attempt in my car, it's in a public parking so it happened to me already about a weekend ago , it went off twice in 5 minutes ... any reason for this? faulty lines?

Plus I've got new battery last week.. it happened BEFORE i bought the battery then now it happens again after new battery.. like wth is going on?
apparently maybe a broken wire? faulty lines? who knows.. any suggestions.?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Re: Alarm Goes off??! (peznux)

had any problem starting it? after the cleaning the terminals, u might wanna make urself a new ground. up north u could have a problem with oxidation on ur ground....might need to check that out.

Modified by Ddubb9965 at 1:45 PM 7-25-2005

·
Registered
846 Posts
Re: (Ddubb9965)

there is a switch for the "hood opened" signal to the alarm near the strut (shock) perch on the driver's side. must be pushed when hood is down or alarm goes off. make sure it's in it's correct orientation. there is also a switch for the trunk/hatch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Alarm Goes off??! (wallac3)

i'm having a similar problem.. today i rotated my tires, changed my plugs and changed my oil/filter. started my car and i was psyched that everything went so smoothly. of course that couldn't be true.
all of a sudden, every time i lock the door with the key (fobs were broken many years ago), the alarm makes its arming BEEP then goes off immediately. i've checked the microswitches for the hood and trunk and those are okay. battery is only a year old - it's the $100 vw/audi one. i've read that the rubber boot in the door contains some alarm wires that may be worn so i'll check that next.
any better suggestions??? right now i have to lock my doors from inside with the button, then sneak out the passenger side door. really annoying but it locks the car up without turning the alarm on.
thanks,
rob
98 GTI 4 cyl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.