VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,627 Posts
Re: Alignment in Ogden? (Bikerdude1.8)

I know they aren't in Ogden, but Russ' Alignment on about 1900 S. and Redwood does a great job. They have done three alignments for me, and I think do all of TDC's work, so they are very familiar with lowered VWs.
Eric

· Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Eric, remember me. I was the guy in a black GTI at the E Center Autocross in April. All my buddies were driving WRXs, and Scubbys. After that day I decided to sell off the 18" wheels, and ok lowered suspension. The car is all ready for AX now
, you will be seeing me again.

· Registered
1,992 Posts

Sorry, not Ogden, but another http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for Russ's. They did my GLX after TDC put in a Rack&P and I can run from SLC to St George and I don't have to touch the wheel
...JustKidding.

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Re: Alignment in Ogden? (Phatbastard)

best shop in O-town is Goodyear on 17th and washington. Ask for Brent if you want your stuff done right. The man is a great VW enthusiest and mechanic. its the goodyear with 20 vws out front...

· Registered
870 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Bikerdude1.8 »
Anyone know a shop in Ogden?

You are aware that when you lower a MKIV you don't need an alignment, since there is no way to adjust any of the suspension. All you can adjust is the toe in/out, and your camber can only be equalized by shifting the subframe. That of course unless you installed some type of adjuster's.
Jay

· Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Alignment in Ogden? (GRMNMSL)

Yep, I know that camber is not adjustable. But I don't really like it when the toe is off, and my tires wear out in 10k miles.

I've had a few dif suspension setups, and have found out the hard way that you need/want an alignment after the install.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have to check out Goodyear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.