1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.carbonart45.com/index.html
http://www.topgear.com/us/blog...harks
Quote, originally posted by Top Gear »
Damian Hirst did it with formaldehyde, Alistair Gibson does it with F1 car parts-- make sharks, that is, in this case a Mako. Gibson used to be Jenson Button's chief mechanic and spent 10 years working his lollipop (sorry NAMBLA fans, it means he's the guy holds the sign that releases the driver during pit stops). Nowadays he makes things like this, with genuine parts from the old BAR and Honda Racing workshops. The gills are made from rear wing end-plates, the eyes are fuel tank valves and all the bits still carry original part numbers. New rules mean it might be able to enter F1 next season.

Mako Shark - $33,000

Brown Trout

Hammerhead

Mackerel

Piranha

Human Skull

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Re: Alistair Gibson's Carbon Art (Blackballed)

Ahahah, 33k.
Ok

·
Premium Member
1991 Civic Si
11,659 Posts
Re: Alistair Gibson's Carbon Art (dj_wawa)

Quote, originally posted by dj_wawa »

YES

He's DEAD?

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Re: FV-QR (nickthaskater)

Quote, originally posted by nickthaskater »
I wonder how much I'd have to pay and to who to get my skull replaced with a carbon fibre one...
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Then you'd have all the dimwits that think they know about carbon fiber telling you that your carbon fiber head would shatter into a million tiny shards if you get hit in the head with a pillow.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Re: (Texan_Brandon)

Quote, originally posted by Texan_Brandon »
I'd love to where the market is for this.

Sweet grammar, bro.
Perhaps maybe the TONS of rich guys into motorsports? Since about everyone in racing is rich anyway, I'd bet they sell the ish out of them.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: Alistair Gibson's Carbon Art (Egz)

That's a neat new spin on the old hot rod fiberglass Mako & Swordfish. I've painted a few of those buggers in my day.
Not my pictures - google rocks for quick pictures.

And you would honestly be surprised at the types of folks that had those. Art collectors, gear heads, restaurateurs, bar owners, etc. They cost a pretty penny in their own right. Not 33K of course, but still typically a decent bit more than a few grand by the time all was said and done for the larger setups.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (BlackGTiTurbo)

Quote, originally posted by BlackGTiTurbo »
The whole thing is silly, but who the f**k would by a carbon fiber Brown Trout? I mean why even bother?

Yeah, definitely a little obscure, but still very detailed and pretty damn cool. If Rapala ever decides to go racing though, here's their mascot.

Modified by Blackballed at 7:54 AM 8-10-2009

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.