VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the emcs chip on my 01 jetta 1.8t. The performance is signaficantly better but i have one major problem. The car seems to "burble" or slip, when i get on the gas. It is not a sound just a soft hesition in the power band and it feels really unsmooth. Im thinking its an airflow problem but am unsure. Could anybody please enlighten me on why it is doing this..? TIA

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: All Apr chip owners!!! (silver bull1.8t)

Yeh i have 93 octane as well, so you say the diverter valve helped. Do you think new intake would help or is the diverter valve the way to go, also where did you get you diverter valve.
Side question. how has your mpg been since you got chipped. better or worse TIA

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: All Apr chip owners!!! (coltfan)

I had a smilar problem with my car, and i think i found out what the problem was. I have ASR on my car, and when i dropped the clutch into second on a hard shift, a friend pointed out that my ASR light went on in my gauge cluster. So i pressed the asr button to turn it off (i think) and i was able to chirp the tires into second. No problems after that. Now if I want to drive it hard, i turn off the asr. I don't know if you have ASR, or equivalent on your car however. BTW, my car is stock. no chip.

·
Banned
429 Posts
Re: All Apr chip owners!!! (coltfan)

It's not turbo lag. That's the time that the turbo takes to spool back up after rapid decleration. You're prolly experiencing surging. It's a common thing with chipped cars. Occurrs on some and not on others. My APR 93 chip is great! Smooth! You can normally fix this with a new DV and if that dosen't work, many people say the the N75 valve helps with surging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts