VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am still doing alot of reasearch on which coilovers are going o be best for my needs... better than stock ride and good performance...
anyhow ive read alot about FK and no i am looking at bilstiens
anyway, when i install coilovers what other supporting mods are also a good idea? ie sway bars, uppers, lowers, front, rear, poly bushings..ect
i guess i have to relocate my front sway anyhow right? can i just get an aftermarket that will bolt up, i am not so sure i like the idea of using extend endlinks or what ever it is i need to make my stock sway work...
thanks

· Registered
10,845 Posts
Re: all at once coil over install Q's? (sounds good)

Upper strut bushings and bearings are good to change, and cheap.
A rear sway is a good upgrade like a 25-28mm.
You can leave the front sway in depending on how low you are going to drop it. I have 1/4" clearance on the pass side of my car, and about 3 inches on the driver's side.
If you want an aftermarket front sway, you have to unbolt and drop the subframe of the car b/c it's above it, and that's a pita to do in your driveway/garage w/o an impact wrench setup.

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: all at once coil over install Q's? (FlyBy)

ok.. great..
i am not sure how low i am going to go, maybe AT MOST 2-3 lower than stock... just want to illiminate some gap.... its my daily and i travel alot so comfort is number one on the list... should i look at a spring and shock combo instead of coilovers?

what is needed to use my stock sway with that much of a drop?

· Registered
105 Posts
Re: all at once coil over install Q's? (shawshank2)

Quote, originally posted by shawshank2 »
If you want an aftermarket front sway, you have to unbolt and drop the subframe of the car b/c it's above it, and that's a pita to do in your driveway/garage w/o an impact wrench setup.

Yes you would have to drop the front subframe, but i didn't need an impact wrench. You do need to support the front with jackstands and a jack to support and lower the subframe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.