VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for either an Audi A4 or a BMW 3 series.
I am posting in this forum asking for feedback on the A4, do you guys like it? Which model do you guys recomend(engine?..quattro?..etc..) Pros...Cons... anything.
Please post a msg even if its just to say you love your car.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Re: All Audi A4 Owners MUST READ THIS!!!! (Got Turbo Inside)

I love my car....
A4 3.0 Quattro (Tiptronic and non-sport Rims.. only mistake)
It all depends what you are planning to do.
Unmodded this is the order I take cars in.
Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
BMW 330Ci Coupe
BMW 330Xi or i Sedan
BMW 325 Ci Coupe
BMW 325 Xi or i Sedan
Audi A4 3.0 Front Trak
Audi A4 1.8 T Quattro
Audi A4 1.8T Front Trak
My next car I decided I want 2 doors... therefore ruling out the new S4.
But I had that choice when I got my A4.
It was between the 330 Ci coupe and the A4 3.0 with Quattro. Based on wood packages, I clearly decided Audi has a nicer interior, so I went with that.
I absolutely don't like FWD... BMW only has RWD, or 4 on the Xi Sedan models. So I ordered them.. by saying my Audi was the only one I'd take over an BMW. Then the long list of BMWs, followed by the rest of the A4s.
I don't care for the 1.8s personally... but if you're gonna tune the car, you can make your own list, by either picking the 1.8 with Quattro or without.
Good luck... hope I didn't mess up your thinking in any way.

·
Registered
2017 Golf Alltrack is38
1,115 Posts

My 1997 A4 1.8T quattro 5 speed has never let me down, and now that I got a chip I love it even more.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Re: All Audi A4 Owners MUST READ THIS!!!! (moonturban)

Audi = http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
BMW = http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
either way you go you will have a great car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: All Audi A4 Owners MUST READ THIS!!!! (JoeFriday)

I've been in several cars over the past few months, trying to make up my mind on the next car...
My order, right now
1 - 330ci - I had to drive the tiptronic... the dealer didn't have a 330 with a stick available. Everything is solid and I love the looks of the coupe. The best engine yet.
2 - Jaguar X-type - It's the new baby on the block for Jag, but it has a good deal of that Jaguar feel (if you are into that... I am). I drove a sport 3.0 model with a stick that was smoother than a baby's butt. Loads of power. Almost my favorite drive, but I'm a tall guy (6'4") and it was a smidge short... maybe if I special ordered w/o the sunroof. It also runs a bit more expensive than the BMW (2-3 K)
3. A4 3.0 - I drove the 3.0, loaded with the sport package (everything but navigation). Unfortunately, I had to drive the tiptronic w/ this one too. It just didn't have the 'Push you back in your seat' feeling that I got with the Jag or the BMW. I love the A4 interior (Audi does the interior right on every one of their cars), but I want the feeling of a sports sedan and the 3.0 felt like a family cruiser... Please don't flame me... It's just my opinion. I loved the car in every other respect, but there was more DRIVING ENJOYMENT from the 330ci.
4. Saab 9-5 aero: I was driving past the dealership with some time to kill so I thought I'd take a spin out in one of these things. When the turbo kicks in, it hauls A$$. I'd never understood torque steer until I rev'd the engine and released the clutch (the stupid sales agent let me take it out on my own
. It took everything I had to recover from that snap to the left while I struggled to overcome the G's from the turbo. It was a fun drive in a truely butt-ugly car. I almost wanted to wear a disguise becuase I'd be ashamed to be seen in that thing. I'm sure it does something for someone (There are people who can get turned on by a 500 lb, 80 year old woman), but it just doesn't do it for me.
I've also got to try the new Infinity G35, just to see how it measures up and if the BMW is worth the extra $7000. By the look of the back end of the G35, the 330ci is well worth it. I also want to check out the IS300, but it looks a bit too rice for my tastes. I'm so anti-Altezza tail lights that I don't know if I can drive the car that coined the term...
There was a thread a month or so ago about my A4 testdrive...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=407955

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: All Audi A4 Owners MUST READ THIS!!!! (agranger)

quote:[HR][/HR]2 - Jaguar X-type - It's the new baby on the block for Jag, but it has a good deal of that Jaguar feel (if you are into that... I am). I drove a sport 3.0 model with a stick that was smoother than a baby's butt. Loads of power. Almost my favorite drive, but I'm a tall guy (6'4") and it was a smidge short... maybe if I special ordered w/o the sunroof. It also runs a bit more expensive than the BMW (2-3 K)
[HR][/HR]​
new jag=awd contour...blah http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
195 Posts

Oh man, Audi vs BMW again.

Audi's get the win on interior over BMW.
Audi has QUATTRO...the unsurpassed AWD. (maybe there's a reason they were banned from certain racing circuits)
Audi has a turbo engine which allows you to easily mod for more performance at a cheap price.
Bad things about Audi...can't think of any.
BMW Pros - same as Audi, minus the interior and AWD. (yes the xi model is AWD, but you can't say that it's better than QUATTRO)
BMW Cons - can't think of any.

So in the end, I say test both before you make the decision. I chose Audi, cuz there are just way tooooo many BMW's where I live.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Re: All Audi A4 Owners MUST READ THIS!!!! (rye)

I love checking out the beamers here in Atlanta, because you can pretty much gaurentee a chick is driving it. Hmmm..... Posers! To many beamers very few Audi's. They stick out. I get more comments on my A4 then I did with my 300 zX Twin Turbo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts