VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bird pooped on my car while i was at work today... got the poop off but now there is a nice little ripply mark where the poop was. i tried a clay bar, i tried wax and nothing works.
please help me since im going off the wall

· Registered
160 Posts
Re: All BIRDS must DIE!!! (mrdejected)

I agree with you! I can't stand it - they'll leave another car that's all filthy alone, but poop all over my newly waxed shiny black car!

I've had the same thing happen to me. The poop didn't even stay on for more than an hour. I used some Meguiars ScratchX, it seemed to reduce it somewhat but it can still be seen.

· Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: All BIRDS must DIE!!! (Jetta_Wlfsbrg-2k1)

yea i tried the scratchx and it didnt work that well......
it's on my trunk so i might end up just getting a new trunk.. probably a euro trunk or something since it's so bling bling...
but friggin i hate birds

· Registered
559 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mrdejected »
bird pooped on my car while i was at work today... got the poop off but now there is a nice little ripply mark where the poop was. i tried a clay bar, i tried wax and nothing works.

I understand your frustration also...

On Einszett website for quick solutions they have alot of helpful hints. http://www.miman.com/sys-tmpl/carcaresolutions/
Info under the section: Removing Bird Droppings Or Egg Residue.
So it's sulphur that's the culprit from those blueberry eating birds

· Registered
599 Posts

I'm mad for you!! ****ing birds...
I hate to tell you the bad news, but once the bird crapo does its damage, there isn't much you can do. Depending on the severity of the scar on your car, you might be able to get an experienced detailer to use a compound on your trunk -- he or she will essentially sand your paint down to a smoother layer -- but it probably isn't worth it. The results might look worse, and the compounded area won't have the same luster that the rest of the car has.
You've either got to learn to live with it or have the trunk repainted to really cure your ills.

EDIT: P.S., I'm probably being too severe -- like someone said above, ScratchX or another OTC abrasive polish might help a little, but the bird **** has probably left a permanent mark.

Modified by merlin at 1:53 PM 7-11-2003

· Banned
25,589 Posts
Birds suck, says this fellow hater with two detailed black cars that sit outside. I unfortunately live in a family of audubon fans, so it's a love hate situation when I hear "oh come look at this beautiful mockingbird on the driveway!"
"Sweet! Where's my BB gun?!"

· Registered
710 Posts

Same thing happened to me yesterday, the thing is the poop wasn't on the hood for more than 30 minutes. As soon as I pulled of the Highway I took it off and now I have two nice poop outlines smack dab in the middle of my hood :|

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: All BIRDS must DIE!!! (merlin)

I really have to recommend that anyone who has bird dropping damage, take a good magnifier and look closely at the damaged spot.
If the clear/paint exhibits any "cracking" that means the finish is damaged down to at least the clear.
If the cracking shows some light grey or white in the valleys, it is most likely through the base coat.
When that is the case, no amount of compounding, buffing etc will replace damaged paint finish.
Just something to think about.
Ketch

· Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: All BIRDS must DIE!!! (ketch)

i took some polishing compound to the car today and tried to get the bird marking out. i glazed after and waxed and it looks about 50% better than what it used to. i dont think i want to do this again but i am happy that some of it is gone
now, to find a cf or euro trunk lid.. .that would be the next step for me http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.