VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

501 - 520 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Ugh, somebros are already replacing the 8" JL headlights with 7" ones from the JK with awful adapters that look terrible. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

As with anything Wrangler, somebro will ditch the stock LEDs on his Rubi for some JW speakers or something so there will eventually be a glut of oem takeoff parts, just wait.

Also lol @ stack picking up his first rock. Right of passage achieved!

·
Registered
19,403 Posts
The turbo engine sounds a little odd in there but seems to move it pretty well.

Little acceleration run with lots of whooshing at 7:50

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Did my usual "cheapest manual JLU in the country" search today and realized that "Bikini" pearlcoat is a color for 2019. Hadn't seen it before, feels very 90s in official photos. Getting harder to decide between mojito!, Punk'n or bikini!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Did my usual "cheapest manual JLU in the country" search today and realized that "Bikini" pearlcoat is a color for 2019. Hadn't seen it before, feels very 90s in official photos. Getting harder to decide between mojito!, Punk'n or bikini!

I saw two transporters loaded up with a few of those over the weekend. It did remind me of 90's teal and seemed lighter in the sun, looked good though. There were even 2 two door models TCL claims no one buys.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Not sure I would go for it since I keep my vehicles for the long run, I'd probably get kind of tired of it.
Yeah, I dunno if I could do it or not. I wouldn't pass up a deal on one, but I don't know that I'd pick it over the other two colors (if offered at the same price). My JKU was Anvil and I was smitten with that color, seemed perfect for a jeep. I realize this is nothing like that.

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
I have seen Bikini in person and it's a pretty cool color, JLWanger forum doesn't allow hotlinking so either google it or use this link

https://www.wranglerjlforum.com/bikini-jl-wranglers-now-hitting-dealers-what-do-you-think/

Not sure I would go for it since I keep my vehicles for the long run, I'd probably get kind of tired of it.
After checking out that thread, I have to say I think that is a really cool colour. Reminds me of BMW's Atlantis Blue one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
2020 Jeep Wrangler lineup gets price bump, new engine and options mixes

Order guide reportedly adds Black & Tan Package, dumps Moab

JLWranglerForums has the order guide for the 2020 Jeep Wrangler, revealing small tweaks the carmaker is making to the Wrangler formula. First, there's a $250 MSRP increase across-the-board; a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport will cost $31,795 before the $1,495 destination fee. The special edition palette changes, as it appears the Moab Edition won't make it to the new year, supplanted by a Black & Tan Package based on the Sport S trim and available for both two-door or Unlimited four-door models. For $1,695, it adds the obligatory tan Sunrider soft top, Heritage Tan cloth seats, Wizard Black on the mid-bolsters (Jeep-speak for instrument panel trim), the Technology group bundling items like seven-inch Uconnect infotainment and dual-zone climate control, side steps, black Jeep badges, and 17-inch Machined Granite Crystal wheels on all-terrain tires.

For series models, the LED Lighting Group option makes its way down to the Sport S trim. Jeep will break out the 8.4-inch Uconnect navigation separate from the Premium Audio Group, so you can pay $995 just for the larger screen and navigation instead of $1,595 for the group. The Advanced Safety Group will add automatic high-beam to its suite of features when a buyer also chooses the 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment with navigation.

The new engine mix gets a touch complex, as it seems Jeep wants to get more buyers into the 2.0-liter four-cylinder. On Sahara trims at the moment, it costs $1,000 to upgrade to the 2.0-liter four-cylinder with eTorque, another $2,000 to add the obligatory eight-speed transmission. For 2020 the 2.0-liter will come at no charge, effectively dropping its price to $2,000. The Sahara will also offer the option of eTorque on the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 for another $1,000, plus $2,000 for the required automatic, making that $3,000 option the top-tier powertrain. The Sahara will be the only trim with eTorque availability.

The 2020 Sport and Rubicon trims will get a non-eTorque 2.0-liter engine with electronic stop-start (ESS). Right now, getting the 2.0-liter and automatic means a $3,000 upcharge; come 2020, the engine and transmission combo will cost just $1,500. The 3.6-liter V6 with ESS and a six-speed manual will be the no-cost option in 2020. Choosing the eight-speed automatic means paying $2,500 more. That's a $500 increase on the price for the current model year when choosing the 3.6-liter and the automatic.

On a final engine note, MoparInsiders says the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 will be late-availability, but buyers will be able to order it on the entire Unlimited range, meaning Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon, not just the Sahara and Rubicon as previously announced. The site also says the exterior color choices grow by one, with Sarge Green making a return in December, while the Dark Saddle interior color goes away, replaced by the same Heritage Tan as on the Black & Tan model.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/09...ricing-options-engines-black-and-tan-edition/

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Biggest deal is the LEDs on Sport S trim, IMO.

No mention of the forward-facing camera from the Gladiator, but I'd be shocked if they don't offer it.

Also, interesting that you can spec the 8.4" screen, but no mention if it's available on Sport S; was only on Rubi/Sahara/Moab before

Also, I can tell FCA is pushing people towards the 2.0T, but F that noise. I don't want that. Also glad to see that e-Torque remains an option on the 3.6L, not a requirement. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Ugh, you guys made me do it. I broke down and asked an internet sales drone about a JLU. Probably won't go anywhere but we'll see.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
No front camera on the 2020 JLs.

eTorque (2.0 and 3.6) will only be available on Sahara models for 2020 as well. Non-eTorque for Sport and Rubicon. 3.6 is now the "premium" engine on the Sport & Rubi.

Couple of other Sport based special editions coming late availability as well.

Biggest deal is the LEDs on Sport S trim, IMO.

No mention of the forward-facing camera from the Gladiator, but I'd be shocked if they don't offer it.

Also, interesting that you can spec the 8.4" screen, but no mention if it's available on Sport S; was only on Rubi/Sahara/Moab before

Also, I can tell FCA is pushing people towards the 2.0T, but F that noise. I don't want that. Also glad to see that e-Torque remains an option on the 3.6L, not a requirement. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
eTorque (2.0 and 3.6) will only be available on Sahara models for 2020 as well. Non-eTorque for Sport and Rubicon. 3.6 is now the "premium" engine on the Sport & Rubi.
Wonder how that'll affect pricing on the base sport manual jerps. Guess we'll see, unless that means a 2.0t/6MT is coming (which I highly doubt)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Serious question, why wouldn't you want it? Just the added complexity factor?
Added complexity, battery hanging down between the frame rails, FCA not being known for excellence when it comes to reliability of complex systems, not in the spirit of a "simple" vehicle like a Wrangler, added cost...

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
zmt2 said:
Wonder how that'll affect pricing on the base sport manual jerps. Guess we'll see, unless that means a 2.0t/6MT is coming (which I highly doubt)
2019 Sport Unlimited w/ 6MT and 3.6 was $31,545 + $1495 Destination
2020 Sport Unlimited w/ 6MT and 3.6 is now $31795 + 1495 Destination

2019 Sport Unlimited w/ 8AT and 3.6 was +$2000
2020 Sport Unlimited w/ 8AT and 3.6 is now +$2500

2019 Sport Unlimited w/ 8AT and 2.0 eTorque was +$3000
2020 Sport Unlimited w/ 8AT and 2.0 non-eTorque is now +$1500

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Kinda bummed the Sport 3.6l w/ auto is going to jump another $500 but I am happy to hear about the Sarge green color making a return. Still debating between that and the Granite metallic.

501 - 520 of 652 Posts