VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

641 - 652 of 652 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
This is where it goes sideways. You might be able to convince people they'll save like 4-5k of fuel over 10 year ownership or something. But when you ask people to pay another 20k for fuzzy "saving the world" emotions, that's quite a stretch.
Following it's release, Jeep to secretly lobby governments for "EV off-roading only."

Seriously though, I'm hoping this is a mistake. I cannot see the circumstances under which anyone would pay that, even assuming they got a $7,500 tax credit.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Following it's release, Jeep to secretly lobby governments for "EV off-roading only."

Seriously though, I'm hoping this is a mistake. I cannot see the circumstances under which anyone would pay that, even assuming they got a $7,500 tax credit.
$10k option meaning $2500 after tax credit feels about right. $13k is :screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
34,795 Posts
Maybe they'll be subsidizing them through the leasing programs? I'm not sure how else they'll move them reliably. You can hide all sorts of money on the hood with a subsidized lease that has an unrealistic residual though.

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,099 Posts
$10k option meaning $2500 after tax credit feels about right. $13k is :screwy::screwy::screwy:
Yeah but if Jeep is just raising the price 7500 bones knowing the rebate exists that's BS too, even though im certain that happens.

That's like a TV being $800 all year then on black Friday it's 1000 bucks and 20% off.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I was hoping that 392/4xe would be a equal branch on the jeep skill tree. Like are you going to spec into healing or destruction? Turns out you have to go a lot deeper down the "save the trees" spec before you unlock PHEV.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
FWIW that post was taken down and the brains over at JLWranglerForums say it’s BS. So there is still hope it’s reasonable.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
A Rubicon gasser with every major box checked tops out around 61k. That price they posted was complete BS.

Good to hear. Given the stickers I see on some loaded up Rubicons already though... it seemed all-to plausible.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
The more I think about it, if I can swing a 4xe it might be the way to go. I’d buy gas like 2x a year, and I still get to have a fun interesting vehicle that isn’t a nuclear egg. It doesn’t net me any better Highway manners, but other than that it checks all the boxes.

·
Registered
34,795 Posts
A Rubicon gasser with every major box checked tops out around 61k. That price they posted was complete BS.
What do you base your statement on? Since a V6 Rubicon tops out at $61k and the 4xe system is likely to add at least $5k, and claimed to add $20k based on the picture, how much do you believe the 4xe system adds? Do you think it will be closer to $5k, and based on what information? The closest FCA product with a similar system is the Pacifica Plug-In, which adds about $5k to the cost of the regular Pacifica and probably has the same hybrid system as the Wrangler because I can't imagine FCA has the resources to reinvent the wheel here. So my gut feel says $5k is more sensible with at most a $5k "Wrangler Tax" on top, bringing the post-taxcut premium to $2500.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Pacifica's System is not the same in the Wrangler. Pacifica isnt AWD. Jeep has Motors at the Rear. the only other models to use this System is the Compass and Renegade.

641 - 652 of 652 Posts