VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have every handle and lock on my car shaved. this morning i try tog et into the car and nothing happens when i press the button... i have been having an intermittent problem with my kit since it was installe; it would work then not work. i would show up in the morning and the doors would all pop but id take it for a spin and then none of them worked. its the same every time, all or nothing. sometimes if i hold the button for 10 or so seconds it will pop also. THATS NOT THE CASE THIS MORN. i walk out press the button and NOTHING. i have an emergency set of wires that i hook up to a 12v to pop the driver side door BUT when i tried that the Popper sounded to weak to open the door. i hear it actuating inside the door but it sounds weak and does not seem to be poping the door. the battery i used was from another car.
im using the autoloc 6channel kit with 50lb solenoids.
please help, i don't want to break any windows.

Modified by GotEuroCorrado at 11:26 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Re: all shaved and cant get in! (GotEuroCorrado)

try and do the old hanger trick and make a u shape on the end stick it between the window and the door and grab the peice of metal that hooks your inside door handle to tthe latch and pull twards the front of the car ...
worth a try before breakign the windows out

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: all shaved and cant get in! (vwmikel333)

slim jim unlocks, it does not open

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

its worth a try .. have you taken your door cards off and messed with the latches before? ... theres a long metal rod that connects the handel on the inside to the latch on the door .. and when you pull the handel on the inside, it pulls the rod twards the front of the car witch opens the door .. thats a mk3 tho .. and i dont know what changed with your fancy lil door popper thingy .. but i think it would work ..
dunno just a guess. since noone els ehas any ideas

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: all shaved and cant get in! (capnhowdy)

i have no pull rod anymore. its all cable now and i dont remember WHERE it is

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

damn .. magnets? heh .. sorry i tryed ... time to call around to body shops or somthign that have alot of experence with cars with this kind of mod .. they probably ran into the problems before and wil lbe able to make more knowladgeable suggestions than a mk3 guy makeing guesses

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: all shaved and cant get in! (capnhowdy)

as expected the car opened at night. i think the problem has something to do with a bad ground. when it gets just a little humid out the system works like a charm.

·
Registered
363 Posts
lol i just shaved my handles and had locked my remote inside one time with the car running i was only like a block away from my home so i ran home and got the extra remote. And i have had a wire come lose so the siliniod was not working but i was still able to get in

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I dont know what kind of car you have,
but if the trunk opens then i would suggest
crawling in through the trunk, but i guess you
would of done it if possible. Just call a locksmith
or whoever and get them to slimjim it open

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (pork)

i don t have any locks or handles. all the latches on the doors and hatch are cable operated. a slimjim would have dont jack for me.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Re: (GotEuroCorrado)

Quote, originally posted by GotEuroCorrado »
i don t have any locks or handles. all the latches on the doors and hatch are cable operated. a slimjim would have dont jack for me.

Oh yea, im an idiot hehe sorry. Damn
I really cant think of anything besides breaking a window
to get in

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: (pork)

pause for laughter...... ok im done.
sounds like you have a bad ground on your poppers.
A slim jim will work to open the doors on a corrado or any vw for that matter. the way the latch isset up its jsut two tabs next to each other. one for lock one for open. they are attached to the latch it self and not the handle so i highly doubt they were modified for your poppers.
take a pry bar and stick it inbetween the top of your door and the jam. and pry the top of the door. do it close to were the door meets the quarter glass, dont pry to far or youll brake your door glass.that will give you enough room to get something inther to grab your door handle. oh and have someone else hold the pribar

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (NVmyVW)

well i posted that i got into the car a few days ago but i guess people just dont read entire posts anymore. i was going to use a prybar to locate the cord but i did not want to bend my door

·
Banned
4,409 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GotEuroCorrado »
i was going to use a prybar to locate the cord but i did not want to bend my door

why? you think it would make it "more" wavy?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (parasight)

what do u mean by more wavy? there are no waves in the doors

·
Registered
9,438 Posts

....but there is motion in the ocean!
saw-zalls are always an option
the title makes it sound like you have more problems than just your car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts