VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention, Attention: Anybody want to know where their car is? I thought so. Now that I have you alert and on the edge of your seat, this is what I just experienced:
If you have a Commission # or a VIN #, all you have to do is go to ANY VW dealer, kindly ask if their internet sales manager, sales manager, or an adept sales person can help you. I know, good luck finding one. Every dealer has a computer that allows "intranet" access where they can look up the status of any vehicle... with either Comm. or VIN #'s. You don't need both. This is a dealer only perk and usually only one specific computer can access the info. If you have truly secured a spot, then an order should have been submitted by the dealer and then they get a commission # to track your baby! I just found out that my car has arrived in the good 'ol USA as of 4-8-02 and now just needs a quick inspection at port and then onto a train or semi-truck, each step along the way is dated and when it is released from port onto the truck or train, there will be another date posted to the VW dealer intranet hook-up. Hope this info can help some of you that are scratching your heads
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (fliegen)

Yes, thank you that helps alot.
Now I just gotta take this commision # down to my local dea...... oh yeah

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (RoofusX)

That is how I purchased my 337 was from the internet sales manager. I recently talked to him today and he told me that my 337 will arrive late May or early June.
I do not know if I can wait that long. I guess I will have to keep looking at the pixs on the web.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (milo)

The URL is actually http://extranet.vw.com which resolves to 199.5.55.142 because when I watched my sales manager do it, I took a mental note of the web address to see if I could check it from home
But when I saw him enter a huge login and password, that's when I knew I couldn't remember all of that. That site is behind a firewall obviously and only allows the specific IPs for the dealership computers. Darn!

·
Banned
8,654 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (lndsld17)

if i try to hack it they might catch me and take away my 337

i therefore second batman http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by VW TANK, 12:23 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (VW TANK)

I was thinking the same thing. So I thought I could do it from school behind a general student log in. They have dual T3 with 3 fire walls and network security. That would give me a headstart.
But then again, probably won't risk it
And Jamie probably doesn't like to see us talking about this on here anyway.
But anyway, I was just thinking about how I have a little black dog and how he is soooo AIM: thehondaboy cute, and being in school i can't see him enough and i miss him

·
Banned
12,115 Posts

I wouldn't try it. I was a part of VWs extranet implementation for a brief period of time. What I saw was pretty sophisticated, so I doubt a little hackery will get around it.
I would love to be proven wrong though.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (mtrainVR6)

the bottom line when someone do that is what do they get out of it. in this case, a hack is not worth the possible outcome. id rather call my dealer

·
Registered
328 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]the bottom line when someone do that is what do they get out of it. in this case, a hack is not worth the possible outcome. id rather call my dealer
[HR][/HR]​
Exactly, I just thought it would be nice if I was able to check it at home, that's why I took note of the address. When I saw you couldn't access it, I gave up because my dealer has no problem looking up the information for me.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (wgreen)

unfortunatly the dealer extranet can only be tracked through the VIM program, on the VIM computer. Smart Dealers like mine print out weekly update on vehicle status, so we know where are cars are.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (Corradodrvrfnd)

HAN HAN I HAVES HAX0RED TEH VOLPSWAGON EXTARNET ADN CANCELED ALL YUOR CAR ORDERES!!!!!11
I HAVES CHANGED ALL YUOR ORDARS TO TEH NEW BETTLE CARS IN PINK WITH TEH STEEL RIMS!!!!!11

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: All the 337 info you want... (wgreen)

wgreen, i wasn't rolling my eyes at you. I was rolling my eyes of having to call my dealer in Atlanta. He doesn't seem to want to give me the time of day.
Although my sales agent at Carolina VW, Matt Legg, is very very helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts