VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best solution for cleaning alloy wheels? water & soap or solutio which is bought from car stores?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Re: alloy wheels (ramone)

quote:[HR][/HR]Soap and Water worls fer me
[HR][/HR]​
Thats what I suggest also. You dont want to mess with the finishes on your wheel with some super alloy cleaner. They can work against you! I've asked BBS and O.Z. Wheels as to what they suggest and its the same answer: soap and water.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I also do hear of waxing your wheels after cleaning them up - it does add a certain shine to them. Looks good!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Re: alloy wheels (97VenomGTI)

I use EAGLE ONE "A to Z" Wheel Cleaner. It works really good for the brake dust and it says to leave it on for about 15 seconds. It doesn't ruin the finish at all either. After that I go over the wheels with EAGLE ONE "Car Wash" (the red stuff, I use it for the car too) with a wash mit. After using that stuff it make the surrounding tire really dry so I normally give the tires a quickly waxing.
Come winter time and clean the wheels really well, wax them and apply a coat or two of TURTLE WAX "Tire Wax" so the tires stay soft and moist and don't dry up.

[Modified by Bagchus, 11:10 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Re: alloy wheels (Bagchus)

i use wesley's bleach white. after you spray that on you can see the b-dust and dirt running off the wheel, after that i just wash them off and voila!!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Re: alloy wheels (phat-black-dub)

Well aparently I have driven through a filled pothole that was completely finished. I now have tar stuck on my wheels. This happened about a month ago and I still haven't been able to get the crap off. What should I use if I need a super cleaning job?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.