VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Golf Sportwagen S 4motion
162 Posts
It's honestly one of my favourite features. If I'm out and about an impulse buy something big or have to haul something unexpectedly, I can stow the cargo cover under the floor keeping it safe and tucked away!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I also like the various places where you can anchor bungee cords. The boot is one of the best features in the Alltrack. It’s so we’ll thought out. Even has a secret compartment that’s tucked away in the back. But yeah, love how you can store the cargo cover.

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat VR6 4Motion sedan
2,098 Posts
Worked out great on long trips in our old Sportwagen. Pull that framework out, stow everything at home and load the old girl up. Only gives you a few inches but multiply that by the surface area of the entire cargo area and it adds up quick.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I, too, didn't know this was a feature. Really cool, but I couldn't get the cargo cover to sit properly in the channel, even after removing the two side dividers. The clips that make contact with the grooved rubber are not aligned. Hard to explain, but it definitely isn't just popping in and clicking like I'd expect.

Really cool idea, nonetheless.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I, too, didn't know this was a feature. Really cool, but I couldn't get the cargo cover to sit properly in the channel, even after removing the two side dividers. The clips that make contact with the grooved rubber are not aligned. Hard to explain, but it definitely isn't just popping in and clicking like I'd expect.

Those two rails it sits in are removable as well I believe so may just need to be put in the right spot again

·
Registered
345 Posts

This is when it would be good to have a dude you are cool with at the dealer: “Bro, how does this go in there? Is something broken?” I wish I could picture what you are describing and give some feedback. There is tension on the ends of the cargo cover, and you have to squeeze it into that spot. Maybe take a quick look at the manual. Just throwing stuff out there. Never know what can help. I do know that I had to practice snapping it into place before I got the hang of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts