VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried to replace my incandescent cargo area light bulb in my 2017 Alltrack with a LED "bulb".

I sourced LED units from both ECS and DAP.

With both LED units, they glow faintly after closing the hatch.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

When the bulb is reversed it will not illuminate, so it only goes in one orientation.

Thanks, Rick.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi,

I tried to replace my incandescent cargo area light bulb in my 2017 Alltrack with a LED "bulb".

When the bulb is reversed it will not illuminate, so it only goes in one orientation.

Thanks, Rick.
Get the one from dautokey. Works a great

·
Internet Lighting Police
9,498 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I initially tried the VW Accessory Phillips bulb and it faintly glowed with the hatch shut. I reluctantly purchased the DeAutoKey one and it worked as it should.
And this is exactly what they do well. If they stuck to doing interior lighting (and non-regulated exterior lighting) then they'd be a fine company.

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
And this is exactly what they do well. If they stuck to doing interior lighting (and non-regulated exterior lighting) then they'd be a fine company.
Don't worry, they seem to show up in every led thread or illegal light thread in seconds... wonder what's taking them so long.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hi,

Thanks, Rick.
I actually had a odd issue with my led tail lamp bulbs from DELED staying dimly lit with the car shut off, they eventually died because out of the 36 or so led modules on each bulb like 75% of them burned out, luckily they warrantied them and the new versions don't do that, not sure why the light leakage.

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
25,267 Posts
There is voltage leaking through even when the light is off and LEDs take so little to power they glow with very little juice. This happens a lot in home lighting as well.

·
Vendor
23,187 Posts
Hi,

Thanks, Rick.
Thank you for the support.

Ours will 100% work without staying dimly lit. :thumbup:

Choose "Stage III fits ONLY GSW & Alltrack Models" on drop down

http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-trunk-led-bulb-bright-crisp-white-error-free-plug-play

And trust us - these will be the brightest LED you will try. And they will NOT glow at all while your car is off or while you are driving.

I actually had a odd issue with my led tail lamp bulbs from DELED staying dimly lit with the car shut off, they eventually died because out of the 36 or so led modules on each bulb like 75% of them burned out, luckily they warrantied them and the new versions don't do that, not sure why the light leakage.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The wrong model might've been sent or purchased but glad the team was able to help you. We will just say that all LEDs are 100% tested to work and when they arrive they will NOT stay dimly lit at all.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the support.

Ours will 100% work without staying dimly lit. :thumbup:

Choose "Stage III fits ONLY GSW & Alltrack Models" on drop down

http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-trunk-led-bulb-bright-crisp-white-error-free-plug-play

And trust us - these will be the brightest LED you will try. And they will NOT glow at all while your car is off or while you are driving.
Hi deAutoLed - I ordered the trunk bulb (and complete lamp assembly, want to see which is brighter) on Thursday and then ordered the glove box bulb on Friday and your crew caught that I placed the second order and combined everything in one shipment.

Great job!

Regards, Rick

·
Vendor
23,187 Posts
Hi deAutoLed - I ordered the trunk bulb (and complete lamp assembly, want to see which is brighter) on Thursday and then ordered the glove box bulb on Friday and your crew caught that I placed the second order and combined everything in one shipment.

Great job!

Regards, Rick
Thank you - we updated our listing because the trunk housing doesn't always work 100% in all GSW/Alltrack models. Not every single one has a problem but some saw slight flickering when they used the button itself to turn the lights on(no issue when driving, or if you open the car door, it is only when lights shut off and you turn them all on manually with the button). But there is NO issue with our stage 3 bulb made for the GSW/ALLTRACK so we suggest using this.

BUT stage 3 and the trunk housing are the same brightness - please keep us updated on this and share your opinion. If you have any questions please email [email protected]

Thank you

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just want to give a quick shout out to the customer service at DeAutoLED. I had the original trunk light they recommended for the Alltrack since March of last year and had the flickering issue from the jump. Luckily this thread showed up and I contacted them. They made right the issue; or are in the process of doing so rather. The communication was quick and it was much appreciated. Thanks

·
Vendor
23,187 Posts
Just want to give a quick shout out to the customer service at DeAutoLED. I had the original trunk light they recommended for the Alltrack since March of last year and had the flickering issue from the jump. Luckily this thread showed up and I contacted them. They made right the issue; or are in the process of doing so rather. The communication was quick and it was much appreciated. Thanks
Yes - it was honestly the first time we heard of this due to the limited times people do this (turn on all lights in the car manually without car door open or unlocking your door).

So if people are not going to turn on all their lights manually the complete housing is fine.

The complete housing works fine while:
driving (won't flicker)
when you unlock your doors and it opens all lights
or when you open your car door opening all lights

The only issue is when you manually turn on all lights with the TRUNK Housing (stage 3 is fine).

For example: if you open your car door to activate all your lights the Complete Trunk housing will not flicker. If you use the button inside to turn on all lights it will flicker. This is a unique situation. Not many will need all lights on inside or turn them on manually. If anything most will use their domes/suns or simply open the door. We hope this clears up any confusion because we only had this report once from 1 person and we feel the reason is due to not many using the lights in this manner. We quickly made it clear in our listing for anyone interested in using the complete housing without turning on all lights manually.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you - we updated our listing because the trunk housing doesn't always work 100% in all GSW/Alltrack models. Not every single one has a problem but some saw slight flickering when they used the button itself to turn the lights on(no issue when driving, or if you open the car door, it is only when lights shut off and you turn them all on manually with the button). But there is NO issue with our stage 3 bulb made for the GSW/ALLTRACK so we suggest using this.

BUT stage 3 and the trunk housing are the same brightness - please keep us updated on this and share your opinion. If you have any questions please email [email protected]

Thank you
Hi,

Received my shipment on a Sunday!

Used the bulb only in the trunk area based on above comments.

Glove box bulb worked fine.

Being the paranoid anal person I am, I even did a iPhone video to make sure bulb went out completely.

That was before I discovered it was easier to jut press the white button on the microswitch.

Thanks a bunch deAutoLED.com - Rick

·
Vendor
23,187 Posts
Hi,

Received my shipment on a Sunday!

Used the bulb only in the trunk area based on above comments.

Glove box bulb worked fine.

Being the paranoid anal person I am, I even did a iPhone video to make sure bulb went out completely.

That was before I discovered it was easier to jut press the white button on the microswitch.

Thanks a bunch deAutoLED.com - Rick
Thanks - we want to be as honest as possible. We really had to think back the last time we used a switch to turn the entire car lights on and why we missed this during our testing. We tested everything but using that button with the complete housing :)

But yes the stage 3 bulb is a very different setup and tested thoroughly - we did the inside light button test also on this and it worked 100% and as you can tell are insanely bright. :thumbup:

dsldub - you have a 2010 Wagon? Those don't have the same issues as the 2015+ but SBL won't carry as bright of LEDs as ours - we already had this said by a customer looking for something brighter after trying SBL.

·
Registered
396 Posts
dsldub - you have a 2010 Wagon? Those don't have the same issues as the 2015+ but SBL won't carry as bright of LEDs as ours - we already had this said by a customer looking for something brighter after trying SBL.
Not anymore, but the Superbrightsled bulb was transferred from the 2010 wagon to the new 2018 wagon. Works just fine and is plenty bright.

As I said, zero issue.

2017 Sportwagen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts