VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am starting my search for a new vehicle currently driving a 2010 Golf 2.5 with 190k that's starting to show it's age. I've been eyeing up some Alltracks for a while and wanted to see if anyone had any advice/things to look out for. I'm currently looking at an 2017 SE with 60k listed for $16,000 at a nearby VW dealership, coming from the 2.5 I am concerned about reliability since I currently drive about 24k miles a year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, I am starting my search for a new vehicle currently driving a 2010 Golf 2.5 with 190k that's starting to show it's age. I've been eyeing up some Alltracks for a while and wanted to see if anyone had any advice/things to look out for. I'm currently looking at an 2017 SE with 60k listed for $16,000 at a nearby VW dealership, coming from the 2.5 I am concerned about reliability since I currently drive about 24k miles a year.
From the "for what it is worth department".... I have a 2017 S (so, no sunroof) that I bought new and have about 45,000 miles showing on the odometer (commuting and some ~ 1,000 mile trips). My experience has been no major problems, just normal maintenance... PS I also have a Unitronic Stage 1+ that was installed about 5,000 miles ago.... love it, and again... no problems with it either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My alltrack has 20,000 miles and have been tuned with Uni stage 1+ since 15,000. It’s been reliable so far. My fathers alltrack has 50,000 miles and has been reliable for him too

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
24k miles a year? Buy a Prius Prime. Unless you need the space of a wagon. Then look into a Kia Niro plug-in.
With the Toyota factory rebate/cash, federal tax credit, state and utility rebates $750 Uber incentive, etc... a brand new Prime will be $17-18k + TTL
It will get over twice the mpg. Free service for 25k miles. Toyota reliability. You will save thousands of dollars over the life of the car vs an Alltrack.
We have a GSW and a Prime. Prime is awesome, especially with the new adaptive cruise and lane centering - traffic and freeways are a breeze.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I have a MK6 2012 Golf R with 140K+ miles and it has done much better than my 2017 Alltrack. Granted the repairs were done under CPO warranty. So far the turbo and all cam seals have been replaced at 58K miles. Now the two wiring harnesses for the rear defroster/antenna need to be replaced. Again thankfully under warranty. Still love the car and glad I have a warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts