VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Alltrack SE missing offroad information screen

12K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  finklejag 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I can’t seem to figure out what’s going on with my display unit in my Alltrack but the offroad display doesn’t exist on my car. I have a 2018 Alltrack SE. Brand new with less than 4K mi on it.

Is this offroad telemetry display only available on the SEL trim ?

Is there a way to get it on other trim levels?!

Here’s the system version I have on my car currently.

Device part number - 3Q0035844B
Hardware - 722
Software - 0867
Media Codec - 1.2.0

Am I missing something?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Select Control Unit 5F (Information Electrical)
Security Access 31347 or 20103
Adaptions
Change – (81) Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass to Active
Change – (83) Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high to Active
Change – (41) Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15 to Active
Restart the MIB Headunit (Hold the Power button for >10 Seconds)

Might or might not work without factory navi

#20 ·
Number of times the information would be useful have been around zero it feels kinda like a gimmick feature hasn't me wanting for the NAV system. A few have reported less than stellar with reliabilty issues and freezing of the Nav systems.

Heck its only money i'm sure you could find an MBI 2 system and get that feature.

Also what about coding the "Performance monitors" of the R into the Alltrack, boost would be more enjoyable to watch than oil temp.

#21 ·
Also what about coding the "Performance monitors" of the R into the Alltrack, boost would be more enjoyable to watch than oil temp.
The only way to get those monitors is to get VW to grant you access through the dealership and they stopped doing that in 2016 when a lot of GTIs (mine included) were delivered without the monitors even though they were supposed to.
VW allowed a few to be updated and then cut everyone off.

#31 ·
All Golfs MK7 trims have GPS / Cellular antenna factory equipped, that's how those VW Assist works even on the S trim like i have. It has exact location of your car at all times, when i open my app it shows where my car is parked or if its been driving long, how many miles on it, etc it all communicates via cell + gps, also that's how emergency services find your car location when you hit that red button on the roof.

#34 ·
So I finally got this to work on my '17 GSW 4Mo, the secret was go open module 5F go into long coding and in Byte 24 enable navigation.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the compass and elevation gauges to work. Does anyone with a factory enabled 2017 Alltrack have a full scan of unit module 5F?

#36 ·
If you can enable off road screen, can you also enable performance screen? coolant and oil temp seem redundant but it'd be nice to have a free boost gauge.

#39 ·
It has to have Nav for them to have the offroad info screen. On this one did you see compass bearing and elevation?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#43 ·
I ended up figuring it out - I was missing the navigation database. The dealer had accidentally not included the SD card with the info on it. Got in touch with them, received it in the mail, installed it, and presto - all the offroad info was there. So in other words, the elevation data is linked to the navigation database.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.