VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project almost as soon as I bought the car. Over the last 3 yrs it's been sitting for 2 of those years, well being married has it's payoffs, at least for when it comes to tax returns

Here she is waiting on Brakes and rear suspension all on order along with a hand full of other goodies and custom aluminum work once it's drivable.
Here she sits on jacks...

All painted and ready for Harnesses and another seat..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Re: FV-QR (hans j)

Nice Jay. Make sure you install the passenger seat back a bit so i fit comfortably in it

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Re: FV-QR (sickvr666)

Thats badace! Tell me more!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Re: (WHOYEAH)

Quote, originally posted by WHOYEAH »

Why didnt u go with a 4 door

SUBARU STI 2DOOR - WIN

SUBARU STI 4DOOR - FAIL

BMW M3 2DOOR - WIN

BMW M3 4DOOR - FAIL

VW GTI 2DOOR - WIN

VW GTI 4DOOR - FAIL

AUDI A3 2DOOR - WIN

AUDI A3 4DOOR - FAIL

AMERICAN CAR - WIN

AMERICAN CAR - FAIL

·
Registered
831 Posts
Re: (WHOYEAH)

Quote, originally posted by WHOYEAH »
All comes down to Personal Preference!!

then i guess my .:R won't ever "fail" now, huh?

·
Registered
831 Posts
ain't nobody startin shiieet, foo.
all i ask is why go 4 door when 2 door is lighter duh. yes i'm aware that maybe that choice was not an option when the car was purchased, and it's all a matter of personal preference anyway. lemme add though, i ain't the smartest man in the world but if i was to build a drag car i'd start out with something RWD. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: (1-UP)

Quote, originally posted by 1-UP »
all i ask is why go 4 door when 2 door is lighter duh.

Cuz its easier to put the hoes in tha back

x2 on nick's statement about 4 door 1.8Ts though.
OP Motor work? I love the build!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Re: (DarkSideGTI)

Quote, originally posted by DarkSideGTI »
I bet his 4 door is lighter than your 2 door.

plus 4 door golf 1.8t's are bad ass. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

i bet my 2door can turn quicker than his 4door.
apples to donuts my friend. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Almost 2 yrs and waiting... (Vagrant1)

Thanks for the responses.
Some of you asked so I will do my best to list what I have done so far nothing to exciting motor wise yet. I figure build the car so it can handle the power I would like to put in it.
GIAC+, Eurojet FMIC, Euro Sport CAI, Forge DV, Autotech strut bar (POS imo), Custom 3" TB exhaust (no cat or resonator), some VR6 tranny parts, B&M short shifter, GC race camber plates, GC coilovers, w/Eibach custom springs, Koni Yellows measured and fitted, Racetech carbon seat, completly gutted except dash.
Soon: Brembo BBK, rest of rear suspension, 10mm ECS spacers, Racetech passenger seat, and last but not least some custom aluminum work on the interior mainly fill the sunroof hole, figure out the back doors and windows.

Nick I will eventually install a fuel cell, but just want to get it back on the road for now and do more over the summer.
I chose the 4dr originally because I have two sons, come to find out that the 4dr is actually more rigid than the 2dr so works out in my benefit, plus I like the lines better on the 4dr.

I'm just dying to drive it

Modified by Vagrant1 at 1:45 PM 3-23-2009

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Re: (1-UP)

Quote, originally posted by 1-UP »

i bet my 2door can turn quicker than his 4door.
apples to donuts my friend. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Who is talking about turning quicker? You were talking about weight. But I thought I remembered he changed the steering rack, maybe I'm wrong. Also his suspension setup is going to be much better for the track than PSS9's.
BTW this car will probably never see the drag strip.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts