VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving along at 50 mph when this chick pulls out RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME from a side road. I don't know what she was thinking.
Luckily, I reacted quickly and swerved into the next lane (after a hasty check). The MS3 handled the move like a champ - the car is just so well balanced. Other lesser cars would have either gone off the road or spun out.
And apologies from the other driver? No such thing. I chased her down and pulled next to her at the traffic light and she wouldn't even look my way. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
I believe that if you're even a reasonably competent and alert driver, the safer car is always the better handling car, not a giant SUV loaded to the gill with safety packages. The better handling car has a better chance of avoiding an accident altogether. (of course, not possible in all situations)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (rosskoss)

Quote, originally posted by rosskoss »
Was driving along at 50 mph when this chick pulls out RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME from a side road. I don't know what she was thinking.
Luckily, I reacted quickly and swerved into the next lane (after a hasty check). The MS3 handled the move like a champ - the car is just so well balanced. Other lesser cars would have either gone off the road or spun out.
And apologies from the other driver? No such thing. I chased her down and pulled next to her at the traffic light and she wouldn't even look my way. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
I believe that if you're even a reasonably competent and alert driver, the safer car is always the better handling car, not a giant SUV loaded to the gill with safety packages. The better handling car has a better chance of avoiding an accident altogether. (of course, not possible in all situations)

Insurance wise, am I mistaken to say you would at fault for hitting her from behind?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (oneofshempskids)

Quote, originally posted by oneofshempskids »

Insurance wise, am I mistaken to say you would at fault for hitting her from behind?

I would have crashed into the side of her car, not the rear. Not sure if that would put me at fault or not.
I've only had one accident in my life and believe it or not......it was for the same reason as what happened to me today - chick pulled out RIGHT IN FRONT OF me. I crashed into her passenger side screeching brakes, bellowing horn and all.
I was not found at fault for that accident because it was her fault for pulling out in front of me. I'd expect it to be the same here.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (oneofshempskids)

Quote, originally posted by oneofshempskids »

Innuendo-wise, am I wrong for saying "GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY"?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (Wellington P Funk)

Quote, originally posted by Wellington P Funk »

·
Banned
10,994 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rosskoss »
Was driving along at 50 mph when this chick pulls out RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME

Come back when you have pics of a wreck. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (SoCal_SFVR6)

Quote, originally posted by SoCal_SFVR6 »

Come back when you have pics of a wreck. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Here's one -

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts

this is what happens when a chick is on her phone & she runs a stop sign:

·
Registered
18,581 Posts

I almost get into about 5 accidents daily thanks to the stupidity of other people. I had a punk in a new beetle merge into the side of my car (nearly) even though I laid on the horn, he still moved into my lane forcing me to slam the brakes. I was right next to him and he had no car to pass
When I passed him finally and gave him a pissed off hand gesture he looked at me like he had done nothing wrong.
hate people. most of them are oblivious and the ones that aren't are just over-aggressive assh**s who don't understand 2-3 ton pieces of metal aren't something to screw around and try to scare people with.
The way to avoid an accident is to just anticipate 100% of the time that everyone around you is going to do something dangerous.
IE:
1) cut you off even if you're RIGHT THERE
2) merge into the side of you for no reason

Modified by Jetty! at 11:06 PM 11-25-2008

Modified by Jetty! at 11:06 PM 11-25-2008

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts

Wifey?

actually no but she was driving the MPV when some dumbass college chick ran the stop sign

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (Wellington P Funk)

Quote, originally posted by Wellington P Funk »

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Re: Almost wrecked my car today (Lawl Master)

Quote, originally posted by Lawl Master »
So you almost got into an accident today.
Wow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts