VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if there's a welcome section or not, but I am the new owner of a '96 Golf in Hawaii! Am looking forward to learning lots here, and hoping to soon make some changes to her so she will look a bit less plain, as well as some improvements.
Wanted to ask the veterans a few of questions:
1. What are some good online places to order performance parts from?
2. What would be the first modifications you would make? I am thinking a brake kit, rims and tires, and maybe a better lighting kit...any suggestions?
3. Are the light clusters below the headlights non-functional (except for the blinkers/parking lights)?
Thanks! Glad to be part of the community.
Modified by Rick_Kane at 9:22 PM 7-19-2005

Modified by Rick_Kane at 9:23 PM 7-19-2005

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Re: Aloha! New A3 owner, a few questions (Rick_Kane)

Quote, originally posted by Rick_Kane »
Don't know if there's a welcome section or not, but I am the new owner of a '96 Golf in Hawaii! Am looking forward to learning lots here, and hoping to soon make some changes to her so she will look a bit less plain, as well as some improvements.
Wanted to ask the veterans a few of questions:
1. What are some good online places to order performance parts from?
2. What would be the first modifications you would make? I am thinking a brake kit, rims and tires, and maybe a better lighting kit...any suggestions?
3. Are the light clusters below the headlights non-functional (except for the blinkers/parking lights)?

Welcome and congrats on your 'new' car!

some answers to your questions:
1. Never had a problem with Evolution Tuning & Parts4VWs
2. Suspension first! The rest can come later.
3. 2.0 GTIs (Golf Sports), Trek & K2 Editions, and the VR6s have fog lights in addition to the Corner/blinkers.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Re: Aloha! New A3 owner, a few questions (ALPHAQGTI)

Quote, originally posted by ALPHAQGTI »

3. 2.0 GTIs (Golf Sports), Trek & K2 Editions, and the VR6s have fog lights in addition to the Corner/blinkers.

exactly http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif tmtuning.com is a good site too

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Re: Aloha! New A3 owner, a few questions (ALPHAQGTI)

Quote, originally posted by ALPHAQGTI »

Add ESC Tuning, Concept ONe Canada, PPG Performance (Canada) to the list of great vendors.
But the boys at Evo Tuning bleed VW blue - true to the line!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.