VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed an amp in my mk4 golf and since then i've been hearign a wizzing sound from the fuse box and when i turn my heater or AC on it sounds liek leaves are stuck in the vents. when i turn the stereo off the sounds go away. my buddy says his brothers talon doe the same thing and its the altanator he said there is somethign to stop the sound from happening but he forgot what its called
, but this past day my check engine light went on and i'm thinkign it has soemthign to do with the system. maybe a bad altanator since my battery is tiny and the amp sucks out so much juice.
you help is much appreciated
Leo

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: altanator wizzing (_leo_)

sounds like a bad ground. make sure to sand away the paint were it's grounded. if not, try the rca's. depending on the brand/model, they may not have the proper shielding to block out noise. if they are lower quality models, make sure to have plenty of distance between the power line and the rca's. this will help, but not always eliminate unwanted noise. it this doesn't work, try the head unit itself. i've had a few times when the actual head unit was causing the noise, not a bad ground or the rca's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.