VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any shorter alternatives to this? I don't want the Fuba antenna on the roof either. I"m thinking of removing the whole antenna up front and filling the hole, but I think i'd like the look of a shorter, stubbier one. Any suggestions?
-Alan

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (College Dub)

sorry i am in class, i dont have the link, but there is a plastic piece from vw to plug the hole, like a buck, and you can shove the antenna into the rain tray thingy (you know under the hodd right by the firewall) and the reception will be the same, plus it is ghetto filled http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,967 Posts

i feel the same way.. i think the stock fender mount antenna looks like ass. how about putting a cabrio stubby fender mount antenna on there? it kinda looks like a fuba for the fender!
jeff

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (audiphile)

I have the same plug on my fender. It's a Canadian part and you can buy it at the local VW Parts counter for under $5. It just snaps in place!

·
Registered
641 Posts

My friend has a 94 CL 4-door with the fender antenna and the Fuba antenna. Crazy stuff i tell ya.

·
Registered
439 Posts

BUMP! I too am interested in a short rubber antenna for the front..... anyone?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (VDubsporter)

anyone know where to get the stubby antenna for the fender? im interested too

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (MizVDubCT)

The fuba style fender mount is available off a cabby. I am not sure about a stubby one though. I recently moved by antenna to the tray below the wiper and but the plug in the fender. I looks 10 time better IMO. I haven't noticed a change in my reception either. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (audiphile)

quote:[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]​
Anyone know the VW part number for the plug?

[Modified by Gelly, 12:02 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (MizVDubCT)

quote:[HR][/HR]anyone know where to get the stubby antenna for the fender? im interested too[HR][/HR]​
That would be the cabrio antenna - I heard its about $150 in parts to get the powered fender antenna... thanks, but no thanks..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (Slapshotnerd)

quote:[HR][/HR]I heard its about $150 in parts to get the powered fender antenna... thanks, but no thanks..[HR][/HR]​
Ill deal with the goober antenna on there now for that price, for 150 bux ill buy myself something a little higher on my priority list of mods

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Re: Alternative to front fender mounted antenna (Gelly)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Anyone know the VW part number for the plug?

[Modified by Gelly, 12:02 PM 4-11-2002][HR][/HR]​
The part number is: 1H0 853 169
at least thats what it says on the back of my piece! My car cam with it in the fender!......so I guess I got it for free

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

I have a billet stubby up for sale. It was originally to take place of the FUBA roof mount but I removed the screw and tapped the hole to fir the fender location. I no longer run an external antenna .... drop me a line if anyone is interested

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.