VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (TXJetta)

Turth is there is no manufacturer that has Altezza style lights for MKIV VWs yet. There just ins't the market. About 2% of the VW tuning community actually like them. Good luck finding some.

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (Jeff Andrews)

quote:[HR][/HR]Turth is there is no manufacturer that has Altezza style lights for MKIV VWs yet. There just ins't the market. About 2% of the VW tuning community actually like them. Good luck finding some.[HR][/HR]​
There are Lexus style tails for the Golf IV available in Europe already..
And over there Lexus style tails are all the rage. The complete opposite of what us North Americans feel about 'em.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Check APC website. They are the only company who makes D.O.T. legal lights. But I don't think they are in production yet. I have only seen them for the NB.
Some of you people trip me out. Why would you care what HE puts on HIS CAR it's not your money. But you acresome much that you would what HE puts on HIS CAR that you have to post about it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts

Wow... I say, do what you want to do... It's your car.
I just thought that everybody knew that Altezza's were a guaranteed way to get flamed on the VWvortex... I knew about this before I started looking around on here...
People most definitely will flame you, and I personally don't like them (the tail lights
), but like I already said, it's your car!
Just so you know, Hella makes clear tails for the Jetta that look much better than any Altezza lights will ever look (again, this is all a matter of taste)... You can find these at many places (do a search) online. Good luck and welcome to the Vortex!

[Modified by agarc, 10:26 AM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (207gti)

Sure some people think the are rice.. but I'm sure most people would agree that no one likes them because they are just plain ugly.
Its your car, do what you want, but the only good altezza/is300 lights are the ones that are found on altezza/is300s
I remember seeing some honda posted here with porsche headlights.. those lights are sexy but this guy just destroyed them

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Just so you know, Hella makes clear tails for the Jetta that look much better than any Altezza lights will ever look (again, this is all a matter of taste)... You can find these at many places (do a search) online. Good luck and welcome to the Vortex!
[HR][/HR]​
WORD!!! The first useful reply to the original question. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (eddy882)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just don't get why people would flame bout the Altezza Lights. If the reason is because most Hondas have them and because of that they are rice and Hondas are rice, then that's a lame excuse. As a matter of fact, I don't think the person that made the rice boy stereotype (Bryan [email protected]) ever said the altezza lights were rice and Hondas were rice. just want to say...don't worry i am down with altezza lights but unfortunately they don't have it for the MK IVs so....screw it. Try something eles like smoke tail lights.

[Modified by eddy882, 1:11 PM 4-6-2002][HR][/HR]​
Totally agree. People here are just as bad as "ricers". Just going with the mob mentality that "altezza's" are "gay" ( as someone said in this thread ). If the pure reason for hating them is the assocation with japanese cars, then that's a lame excuse.
Golf/Jetta 4 forum is all about close minded VW snobs/newbies thinking that they are the end-all of car styling purists.
THERE ARE Altezza style lights available for the mk3 and mk4 golf right now in the US. Although I am not a fan of them, I don't see the problem. If I saw a WELL DESIGNED set, I wouldn't mind picking up a set. (check Landspeed's site for them)
When you've seen hundreds of Oettinger,Caractere,Freedom Design,Abt, Projektzwo,Kamei equipped cars... you may start to apprecaite anything that isn't cookie cutter for VW's.
-Noah

·
Registered
615 Posts

I think if you do Joey mod to your head lights, these actually wil go with the theme (less the blue thing on them):

Keep an open mind

[Modified by VW Driver, 7:52 AM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
77 Posts

I have searched everywhere for these for Golf IV. I've been told that APC will have them by the midde of the summer. So maybe Jetta will be available by then also. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so don't worry about what other people think. You know what they say about opinions and a certain body part: everybody has one or IS one.

·
Banned
3,143 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (petegtivr6)

i have seen them advertised in "The Golf" and "Performance VW" magazines. im not so motivated as to actually check to see if these companies selling them have websites or whatever, good luck getting a set.
D_J

[Modified by EPilot, 12:14 PM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (VW Driver)

quote:[HR][/HR]I think if you do Joey mod to your head lights, these actually wil go with the theme (less the blue thing on them):

Keep an open mind

[Modified by VW Driver, 7:52 AM 4-6-2002][HR][/HR]​
Thats kind of cool actually. I like the CF Altezza's on certain cars.
This kid at my school has a silver civic, with Gunmetal wheels, CF headlights, CF Altezza's, CF Hood, and Tinted windows. Really clean looking car.....sounds like ass though

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (Demon_Dub)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Thats kind of cool actually. I like the CF Altezza's on certain cars.
This kid at my school has a silver civic, with Gunmetal wheels, CF headlights, CF Altezza's, CF Hood, and Tinted windows. Really clean looking car.....sounds like ass though[HR][/HR]​

Please take/post a pic of it if you have time
(The civic...)

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Re: Altezza style taillights? (THE Wuss)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Golf/Jetta 4 forum is all about close minded VW snobs/newbies thinking that they are the end-all of car styling purists. [HR][/HR]​
Hahaha, BINGO!
yea, no altezzas on the market yet. BUT i do know that you can probably have them custom made... i think i remember hearing them to be around 500 or so...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.