VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a premium headunit off a guy here on the classifieds, I PM'd him for a radio code as I didn't see it in the box and haven't heard back.
Long story short, I was installing it and it says "2 Safe" mode on it. Won't let me into a screen to even enter a code.
My question, where can I get a code/if at all. And how do I even get to the screen to enter it?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
u can get the code from the dealer but i think u can only do tat if you got the vin that the radio came out of. as far as the screen. not sure on that. ill do some investigating

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Josein06GLI)

Quote, originally posted by Josein06GLI »
u can get the code from the dealer but i think u can only do tat if you got the vin that the radio came out of. as far as the screen. not sure on that. ill do some investigating

kk. thank you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you PM me your VIN and the Serial # of the radio I might be able to get you the correct radio code. It would be helpful if you could get the sellers VIN but I have had luck in the past with a new VIN and the serial number

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that didnt work.
however called the dealer, played dumb and basically you just have to let the radio sit on for an hour and it lets you enter the code.
entered, it works great!
now i just need to fab up a harness to get my sirius satellite radio connected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.