VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted the chip, and was suppose to get it this past spring... but, money got tied up!
anywho, new year, and new money! lol
anybody else out there still not chipped yet, and is pushing the end of their warranty?

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
27,706 Posts
Re: Am I the only one not chipped yet? 35k miles... (MKII420)

Mine isn't chipped either. I'm fine with how it is for now. Come 50k miles (or so), if I still have this car, I'll probably do something to it. Just because.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm not chipped (6700 miles) and I don't want to get chipped till my warranty is over. I don't really need the chip so I'm not worried about it and I'm in no rush to get it. My car performs quite well out of the box for my tastes and I don't have anything to prove or showcase. In my stock form I'm kicking peoples butts in autocross who have 100more hp/torque, suspension mods and have been doing it longer. I'm content.........for awhile at least.

Modified by Minimaulak at 12:55 PM 1-15-2008

·
Registered
137 Posts

42,000 and no chip yet. Maybe after the tax return comes in I will finally get it done. I waited for the warranty to expire on my 03 GTI before I finally took the plunge.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Re: Am I the only one not chipped yet? 35k miles... (Indigogogo)

Indigogogo said:
42,000 and no chip yet. Maybe after the tax return comes in I will finally get it done. I waited for the warranty to expire on my 03 GTI before I finally took the plunge. [/QUOTE
Same here, Im am more than happy with my current set up. Car pulls wonderfully, and well I just dont have that play money right now for the the chip. I figure if I get chipped, I might aswell get the new DV as well as the PCV. That right there is a good lump sum. Right now, since the car is just fine performance wise, im working on styling. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I want to do it, I don't know why I haven't, I should consult with Dr. Laura.
2 years 20k miles, from what I understand after I do it I will never look back.
The question is, how many have the security lock out? and is it worth getting?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (Boston Killer)

Hahahaha, hellz yea! i remember i drove my friends GTI, he had REVO!
WOW!
I've always wanted to get it, but never had that extra 700 bux to get it.
i wouldn't just get stg 1 though, i'd get the whole package!
for a sec i thought i was the only one!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Boston Killer »
I'd say get it and definitely get a security lock-out. It is a must. Chip is a must too though - you'll love it

Hey how is the car? and you have it chipped? How is the software with the DSG?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: (Uncle Wiggley)

Im at 20k and I am looking at getting the OCT chip in the spring but there isnt alot of people running it so I am a bit hesitant on getting it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
no chip here, dont want one, i think the good old boys in germany did a fine job. hey guess what, im not lowered either, and the jersey potholes appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (AngryScientist)

Quote, originally posted by AngryScientist »
no chip here, dont want one, i think the good old boys in germany did a fine job. hey guess what, im not lowered either, and the jersey potholes appreciate it.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Uncle Wiggley »

You can definitely feel a huge, HUUUUUGE difference. The torque is overwhelming. Going from 207lb-ft to 282lb-ft is...noticable

I can't imagine driving without it now. Added bonus is a very slight gas mileage increase - average went up from 21.5mpg to 22.5mpg. Measured at the pump, so it's accurate.
DSG...well, it does seem to overpower the gearbox, especially upshifting from 3rd to 4th in Auto. Just so much torque, again...amazing.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Boston Killer »

You can definitely feel a huge, HUUUUUGE difference. The torque is overwhelming. Going from 207lb-ft to 282lb-ft is...noticable

I can't imagine driving without it now. Added bonus is a very slight gas mileage increase - average went up from 21.5mpg to 22.5mpg. Measured at the pump, so it's accurate.
DSG...well, it does seem to overpower the gearbox, especially upshifting from 3rd to 4th in Auto. Just so much torque, again...amazing.

would also like to add that if any of you guys decide to go with APR they have a specific file for the DSG tranny. and from what people have posted, the shifts are as smooth as stock

·
Registered
8,017 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Uncle Wiggley »

I'll chime in as I've noticed I've got some of the most DSG miles i've seen thus far.
I've 35,000 miles on my chip. The software is flawless/butter smooth with the DSG. i put the car in stock whenever I go to the dealer and simply can't wait to chip it back again, there's so much more top end pull with the chipped cars.
APR STG 1

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MKII420 »
I've always wanted the chip, and was suppose to get it this past spring... but, money got tied up!
anybody else out there still not chipped yet, and is pushing the end of their warranty?

My GTI is yet chiped, the engine bay remains bone stock.
I would say stock 200hp is enough now. Chipping is at the last on my mod list
Btw, I only have 14,000km (~8400miles) since mid 2006.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MKII420 »

You are the only one.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Re: Am I the only one not chipped yet? 35k miles... (crabpot)

i couldn't decide for the longest time but got chipped during the holiday sale and am regretting i haven't done it a long time ago
i did my research for over a year on all the software and i'm very happy with my decision. my driving hasn't changed at all so i can't see how it will impact the wear on my motor. i still stay in vacuum for 95% of driving

honestly, you should decide which chip is right for you and go for it

1 - 20 of 77 Posts