VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Passat enthusiasts. I am planning to buy a 2002 1.8t tip in late January/ early Feb. From reading the messages on this board, it seems like everyone prefer darker colors. However, being a part-time graduate student, I want to get a lighter color so that I won't have to wash her very often. I surveyed the lot last weekend and really liked Blue Silver. From the color poll below, less than 1% of the sample likes that color. Well, am I nuts and is my taste that bad?

[Modified by Hoya Lawya, 3:37 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (Hoya Lawya)

If you like it, go for it. One of the problems in getting a Passat is choosing the color; they look good in everything!!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (borgron)

Saw one a few days ago and I thought it was pretty nice.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Go for what you like. I like the dark colors too, but not the associated diligence of keeping the car clean.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts

Blue Silver (or light blue metallic) is one of my favorite colors for a car. However, I personally think that you need a badass looking car to pull off the look and make it look masculine. Light blue E30 M3s look awesome.

·
Registered
166 Posts

I like the Blue Silver as well as any of the colors that VW offers, my wife prefered it to all others. It was quite hard to come by when we were looking so we got a sedan in Blue Siver instead of a wagon in, at best, my wife's third choice in colors. At the very least it seems its popularity exceeds its availability, although it isn't terribly rare in a sedan. You're not nuts and it isn't a feminine color either. Blue Silver drivers are a serene, confident bunch who don't feel the need to seek self validation by participating in polls
Ken

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the replies. I feel much more confident buying a Blue Silver now. Can't wait to bring one home.

[Modified by Hoya Lawya, 5:39 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
4,797 Posts

I actually started to re-consider my color choice from white to blue-silver during my year wait for a car......I saw a sedan at the lot when I picked mine up and thought it look pretty nice.....I just wanted to avoid metalic paint this time as is seems to oxidize fast in Hawaii sun. ( that's on all brands)

·
Registered
97 Posts

Hoya Lawya:
I like the Blue Silver, but it was not available when I bought my 01 Passat. I don't know whether I would have bought Blue Silver anyway since my wife really likes the Indigo. IMO all the blues look good (heck, all colors look good).
Now I have a couple of questions for you: 1) did you go to Georgetown, and 2) are you an attorney??? I saw on your profile that you are into computers, but I can't figure out the Hoya Lawya tag.
Regards,
The Fan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (VW Fanatic)

It's a very cool color. During the day it's very close to silver. In the evening, the blue is more noticable.
I didn't notice this color, until I saw it in the dealership in the evening.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (VW Fanatic)

VW Fanatic,
In answering your question, I am a part-time law student at Georgetown. I am currently in the second year. In about 2 1/2 years, I will be able to put "Attorney At Law" on my business card (provide that I pass the Bar). Currently, I work as a computer programmer to fund my law school tuition. It is a rare combination (computer & law), in fact I am the only one in my class who write computer codes for a living.
I am getting sick of driving my 95 Civic and decided that, though I don't have a social life because of law school, I at least could drive a nice car while in school. Again, I can't wait to bring a Blue Silver home.

[Modified by Hoya Lawya, 7:33 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
146 Posts

GET THE BLUE SILVER!!! Blue Silver and Fresco Green are my two favorite colors on the car. My mom is upgrading her Passat soon, and there are so many color choices, she doesn't know what to go with. She is leaning towards Blue Silver, but she also likes the looks of it in black. She has Satin Silver now, but on the .5 models, it does not look as good, because it does not show the chrome and stuff. So we kind of excluded that color. Also, she thinks the Mojave Beige is a nasty color, and excluded that one when she saw it. I dont know how much she likes Fresco, But im positive that she loves the blue silver! GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
169 Posts

I absolutely love the Blue Silver. The only reason I didn't get it was because I was trading out of my '98 Nebia Blue (very similar) when I got my B5.5. Felt like I needed a color change. I've been very happy with silverstone.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I have a 2001.5 Blue Silver GLX with Tan interior and I love it!!!!
You very rarely will run into another one on the road, and if you notice on the variant commercial where the guy acts like he got hurt thats a silver blue...
I live in Florida and wanted to get into a relatively cooler interior car and its been great , never too hot inside.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (jhillestad)

i got the blue silver for my wagon (had to wait for it).
i really like it. it is sometimes blue, sometimes gray,
sometimes silver, depends on the light. it doesn't really
show dirt that much either.
i didn't see the fresco green until i already had my car,
i really like that color too.
go for what you like!
have fun!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]One of the problems in getting a Passat is choosing the color; they look good in everything!![HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Blue silver is really nice! I found vw20v18t's link in this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=147968&postid=1163469#1163469 and he has a very nice blue silver http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Edit: Hoop has a nice gallery

[Modified by Orjan, 8:54 AM 12-6-2001]

·
Registered
372 Posts

I looked at the blue silver. It reminded me too much of my old light blue Ford Taurus.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (Cupholder)

I've seen vw20v'18t's in person next to my Reflex. It is a great color!!! I went back and forth between, Blue Silver, White, and the Reflex. The sand blasting from the North East hiways show less on the lighter colors, imo. All the best to you in you new Passat....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who likes the Blue Silver exterior color? (deg)

Thats pretty cool how he has different wheels on one side as opposed to the other.......lol.....What are those wheels and what size are they?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

I have a Blue Silver and I think it's great. It looks silver in most lighting, but when viewed next to an actual silver it looks nicer (though regular silver is quite nice too, but I think you have to be a graphic designer to get one). It kind of has a different look throughout the day.
I would have liked the Fresco Green however as it's quite cool and very rare it seems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts