VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing you always here from the A3 and A4 guys is that the quality and fit and finish is top notch. Even the mags rave on about this. Well I never really paid attention to the later models because I have always thought they were ugly. But the last few weeks I have been taking a look at the interior of these cars. Well I was suprised what I found. It SUCKS
The examples I have looked at had a extreamly cheap looking interior. The plastic and dash and stuff looked pretty damn good but the cloth interior cars looked like hell. I mean my fabric in my '91 GTI looked far better. A lot of the A3's I looked at had serious wear on the interior far more so than my 11 year old interior. The A4 was not quite as bad but again the cloth interiors looked very cheap and cheesy. I am starting to wonder where they come up with this stuff about build quality. I am sure I will catch heat over this seeing this is a VW forum but whats the deal
Keep in mind I don't think the same about the A2's. My interior is in great shape and I love the quality of the car in general especially the drivetrain.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who thinks that VW build quality is way overrated? (Caleb)

Well the only newer than A2 car i have had any contact with is moms New Beetle, and it looks pretty good. You gotta remember man, these aren't Mercedes cars, they are like german fords

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who thinks that VW build quality is way overrated? (Caleb)

Testify! Newer generation cloth interiors do look and feel cheap. I spent a better part of a year vacuuming them out for a dealer and I'll be the first one to say they aren't easy to clean either. They may be comfortable but I really dislike the styling and material used. Leather interiors are worth the extra money both in cleaning time and in charisma.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Am I the only one who thinks that VW build quality is way overrated? (grilledpickle)

quote:[HR][/HR]You gotta remember man, these aren't Mercedes cars[HR][/HR]​
Yeah but if you listen to everyone who owns one or the mag reviews you would think they were. I just didn't think they came close to living up the the reputation they have gotten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.